probleme with MakeHuman Nightly Builds

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

probleme with MakeHuman Nightly Builds

Postby tiamat » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:23 pm

hello everybody

first of all i want to apologize for my poor english. i'm french and my english is not good as it should be.

well, i've downloded MakeHuman Nightly Builds (the latest version ), unzip on my desktop and try to run the MakeHuman.exe. but, when i double click on it, there is only a black console window and nothing else. however, i've installed c++ runtime librairy as it is said, and a makehuman process is still running after doubleclick, but no software on the screen.
so, if anyone have an idéa on this kind of problème, it will be very helpfull ;)

i hope you have understood that i was trying to say :) .

to finish, maybe i'm trying a bad version of makehuman, but when i see what it can be with makehuman alpha5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dXMXljBT2Y, i regret my lack of knowledge in programming, because i really would have like to contribute

sincerely, tiamat
tiamat

Re: probleme with MakeHuman Nightly Builds

Postby jcapco » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:19 pm

tiamat wrote:hello everybody

first of all i want to apologize for my poor english. i'm french and my english is not good as it should be.

well, i've downloded MakeHuman Nightly Builds (the latest version ), unzip on my desktop and try to run the MakeHuman.exe. but, when i double click on it, there is only a black console window and nothing else. however, i've installed c++ runtime librairy as it is said, and a makehuman process is still running after doubleclick, but no software on the screen.
so, if anyone have an idéa on this kind of problème, it will be very helpfull ;)

i hope you have understood that i was trying to say :) .

to finish, maybe i'm trying a bad version of makehuman, but when i see what it can be with makehuman alpha5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dXMXljBT2Y, i regret my lack of knowledge in programming, because i really would have like to contribute

sincerely, tiamat

Hello tiamat,

There is no alpha5 yet. We are still developing it. One reason I can think of why this would happen, is because you don't have the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package. Have you tried to successfully install and run the stable alpha4 version of makehuman? If you still get a black screen with the alpha4 version, try to download the win9x version of alpha4 I just uploaded (this does not require the Redistributable Package and it should also run with WinXP, Vista and 7 ). Please report to us about the results with alpha4 and we can try to help you install the nightly build as well.

EDIT: Sorry.. you are using the nightbuild that arent compiled by MSVC, I forgot about that.. for nightbuilds this could be another issue. Have you had any success yet?

PS: People contribute in makehuman by modelling as well (not necessarily programming =) )
Last edited by jcapco on Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
jcapco

Postby joepal » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:28 am

tiamat wrote:well, i've downloded MakeHuman Nightly Builds (the latest version ), unzip on my desktop and try to run the MakeHuman.exe. but, when i double click on it, there is only a black console window and nothing else. however, i've installed c++ runtime librairy as it is said, and a makehuman process is still running after doubleclick, but no software on the screen.

First, the nightly builds do not require any extra c++ library. They are built with MinGW. So that should not have anything to do with it.

I need more information to understand what is happening. Can you answer the following:

• Which version of windows are you using
  • In the makehuman directory, is there a "python.out" file? What does it say inside it?
  • In the makehuman directory, is there a "python.err" file? What does it say inside it?
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby joepal » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:30 am

jcapco wrote:
tiamat wrote:... i regret my lack of knowledge in programming, because i really would have like to contribute

sincerely, tiamat

PS: People contribute in makehuman by modelling as well (not necessarily programming =) )

Testing and sending in bug reports is a good contribution too. :)
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
joepal

Postby tiamat » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:47 pm

hello everybody

well, here is problems i've noticed.

for makehuman1 alpha4 downloaded in the download page of your site :

the soft seems to work fine, even if some strange things happen. for example in the console windows : " color 000 not found
not a clickable zone " is written. As i've said, the soft work fine but sometime this message appear in the windows. hum, an other thing, when i apply a morph, i mean a géographical morph (asian, africain....) the mesh grow up in the screen at each time i'm applying the morph. it's impossible too to put the hair located in the librairie (maybe it's not possible in this version, i don't remember). to finsish, it's juste a point of detail but, it's impossible to rotate the modele when this one live in the all active windows.to be clear, when you zoom in your modele to be closer (in order to apply a morph more precisely for example), you cannot turn it without changing his shap, you have to zoom out, turn, and scale one time again. ok i know that it's not an important point ;) , just for the user confort :geek:

for makehuman nighty built (downloaded on the sit too) :

i've the same problem. actually, i've a python.out and a python.err . the first one is empty. the second say :

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "main.py", line 57, in <module>
import os
ImportError: No module named os

i'm using win xp sp3 (sp2 i don't remember), and i precise, a légal version, not a cracked. my graphic card is a nvidia 8800 gts.

here it is. i'm finishing a réalistic mesh of human be in maya, if it can help this project i'll send you this one.

once again. sorry for my english. i'll hope this will help you

sincerely tiamat

ps : if you want screen shot to explain what i'm talking about, no problem
tiamat

Postby jcapco » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:12 am

i've the same problem. actually, i've a python.out and a python.err . the first one is empty. the second say :

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "main.py", line 57, in <module>
import os
ImportError: No module named os

I am guessing that some python modules arent included in the nightly build you installed or maybe you are running makehuman not in a natural way. How are you running the program? are you just double-clicking on the Makehuman.exe file? Is there a directory called "pythonmodules" in your nightly build version? if not, try copying the pythonmodules directory of your makehuman alpha4 direcotry to your makehuman nightly-build directory. Then try to run makehuman nightly build again.

joel, do the pythonmodules come with the nightly build of windows? if not, then you could just add the pythonmodules that are included in the alpha4 to the zip file of your nightly builds. This error will not occur if someone has python installed in his system, so he won't notice it. But if you dont have python installed and there is no pythonmodule directory in the makehuman directory then you will get such error. We dont require users to install python for makehuman, that is why we have pythonmodule.

ps : if you want screen shot to explain what i'm talking about, no problem

Sure. This always helps :)
jcapco

Postby tiamat » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:19 pm

hello

good news. you was right. i've just copied and past pythonmodules from alpha4 to nighty built and everythings work.
here is the human make directory unzip on desktop with pythonmodule added Image, and what happened after double click on the .exe Image

thanks for help and good luck for the next humanmake step

tiamat
tiamat

Postby joepal » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:16 pm

Yeah, I got bug reports from other directions too that the python modules are missing.

Dunno why it stopped working since I haven't even logged in on the build machine since I started the windows builds. Did someone remove something from the subversion repository?

I'll take a look at it eventually, but I'm heaped with other work at the moment.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
joepal

Postby tiamat » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:06 pm

bug..... not enough practice in english to understand. "build machine"..."windows builds" ..."subversion repository"

cannot help
tiamat

Postby joepal » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:10 pm

tiamat wrote:bug..... not enough practice in english to understand. "build machine"..."windows builds" ..."subversion repository"

cannot help

Don't worry. It just means I will fix it when I get time.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
joepal

Next

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests