probleme with MakeHuman Nightly Builds

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Re: probleme with MakeHuman Nightly Builds

Postby jcapco » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:59 pm

joepal wrote:Yeah, I got bug reports from other directions too that the python modules are missing.

Dunno why it stopped working since I haven't even logged in on the build machine since I started the windows builds. Did someone remove something from the subversion repository?

I'll take a look at it eventually, but I'm heaped with other work at the moment.

The pythonmodules were never in the svn (dont ask me why :P). They never get changed anyway, because they are just standard libraries you get after installing python (remember we dont need all of them, so therefore they were handpicked.. you get them installed when the release build comes out all the time). I can upload pythonmodules.zip in our tuxfamily space, or just add them in svn if you like.

bug..... not enough practice in english to understand. "build machine"..."windows builds" ..."subversion repository"

cannot help

That wasn't english.. it was just computer jargon :D ;)
jcapco

Postby joepal » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:31 pm

jcapco wrote:The pythonmodules were never in the svn (dont ask me why :P). They never get changed anyway, because they are just standard libraries you get after installing python (remember we dont need all of them, so therefore they were handpicked.. you get them installed when the release build comes out all the time). I can upload pythonmodules.zip in our tuxfamily space, or just add them in svn if you like.

Nah, I'll just unzip the alpha, I think I have it on the same machine anyway.

Hope to do this in the weekend, since I'm going to the university to work anyway (I set up the windows build on a virtual machine on my university workstation... Some day I'll make a better solution)
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby joepal » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:31 am

I have made the necessary changes now. A zip containing them will be available as normal starting tomorrow.

Anyway, what did you use to make the installation exe for alpha4? Dunno how good an idea it would be to turn the nightly into an exe, but at least it could be discussed. That is, if the package maker is open source.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby jcapco » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:52 pm

I have made the necessary changes now. A zip containing them will be available as normal starting tomorrow.

Anyway, what did you use to make the installation exe for alpha4? Dunno how good an idea it would be to turn the nightly into an exe, but at least it could be discussed. That is, if the package maker is open source.

The team uses NSIS to make the windows installer. NSIS is open source. The installer script is also in the svn (there you can see how pythonmodules get incorporated in the release). For the build itself, we use Visual Studio because it tends to have a more optimized .exe than other builders/compilers. I have requested Manuel that I compile the final releases, because I use MSVC6 whereas other developers use VS2008 or VS2005 and this tend to require the user to install a Redistributable Package (which I find annoying and unnecessary). Of course if you compile with mingwc, users will also not need the Redistributable package, but the executable tends to be very big and less optimized than MSVC6 compilations.
jcapco

Previous

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests