r 678 Everything is Not a clickable zone

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Re: r 678 Everything is Not a clickable zone

Postby ht23 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:22 pm

I have download and replaced all files with this:
http://mh.jwp.se/files/win32-experiment ... 100126.zip

I can do little more, but still not much. Some buttons are much smaller now (shrinked and it is hard to see the text). For example the window "Render" only show one button on the left top and the model. No errors or other output are shown at all in the console (completely black).

If I change from 32-bit to 16-bit color, I can only move the model, nothing more.

Any ideas?
ht23

Postby jcapco » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:35 pm

I have download and replaced all files with this:
http://mh.jwp.se/files/win32-experiment ... 100126.zip

I can do little more, but still not much. Some buttons are much smaller now (shrinked and it is hard to see the text). For example the window "Render" only show one button on the left top and the model. No errors or other output are shown at all in the console (completely black).

If I change from 32-bit to 16-bit color, I can only move the model, nothing more.

Any ideas?

Yes. Wait a few more days until another nightly build comes. The build you have installed is not from the latest revision.
jcapco

Postby Rhynedahll » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:11 am

Sorry about my delay in getting back.

I can confirm that the 16/32 color problem was what was wrong with my compile of r678. I had recently installed a dual monitor and did not notice that the colors defaulted to 16.

Once I changed to 32, everything worked. :D

r682 works in both 16 and 32 for me.
Orphan, an epic fantasy by H. Jonas Rhynedahll
The Key to Magic: Book One
Available on Kindle at Amazon: The Key to Magic
Rhynedahll

Postby ht23 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:51 pm

Buttons are still small (shrinked) or missing and only one button for example in window "Render" is shown with this version:
http://mh.jwp.se/files/win32-experiment ... 100128.zip

Maybe the same errors as before, but the console has no output:
Color 000 not found
not a clickable zone

I have tested 32-bit and 16-bit color, XP-mode, Vista-mode. I using Win7 64-bit with NVIDIA GeForce 7900GTX

Any hope?
ht23

Postby jcapco » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:30 am

ht23 wrote:Buttons are still small (shrinked) or missing and only one button for example in window "Render" is shown with this version:
http://mh.jwp.se/files/win32-experiment ... 100128.zip

Maybe the same errors as before, but the console has no output:
Color 000 not found
not a clickable zone

I have tested 32-bit and 16-bit color, XP-mode, Vista-mode. I using Win7 64-bit with NVIDIA GeForce 7900GTX

Any hope?

For Buttons being small : Yes. Wait a few more weeks until alpha5 is released.

For console having no output: I don't understand, you just wrote a console output after your sentence. Maybe do this

1- Download this
2- Copy makehuman.bat (what you just downloaded) in your makehuman directory
3- Double click it
4- A file log.txt will be created. Open that file and paste the contents here.

I also have small buttons on some area.. but I wouldn't bother myself about that yet. This is just a nightly build and I think it is because manuel did not yet have the time to scale the buttons properly. Please do not complain about NEW buttons being small or nonfunctional in the nightly build, the code is at constant development and new things need to be constantly adjusted and improved. However if you find something that is buggy and you think that the coders have not noticed that (for instance: OLD buttons from the last alpha release not working or strange and rare behaviour that needs specific steps to be reproduced), please inform us here.

Please read here to know what a nightly build is. Also I'd like Manuel to please edit that site so people will not mistake the nightly build for something stable.

One last thing.. you write in your Jan 25 Post:
In some windows can I see the model, but everything else is grey.

Could you provide us a screenshot of that?
jcapco

Postby ht23 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:18 pm

I tried to start the bat-file, but it did not started (the console window blinked and closed after 1 second).

No output is shown in the console. Some buttons are shrinked (the screen dump shows the Libraries window) but not in the Modeling window. I understand that is an alpha-version and I will wait some weeks before I try it again. I have download the old version 0.9.1 RC1 and it seems to work (made some directory changes for the render engine).
Attachments
screendmp.jpg
Win7 screen dump
ht23

Postby jcapco » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:06 pm

ht23 wrote:I tried to start the bat-file, but it did not started (the console window blinked and closed after 1 second).

Did you save the .bat file in the same directory where your makehuman.exe is saved? you should save it there, and then double click it. (I sure hope that Windows 7 like Dos batch files.. ). Your screenshot does look unusual, usually at the files tab there must be a textbox and a "Save" button..
jcapco

Postby ht23 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:48 pm

I saved the bat-file in the same directory. I will wait some weeks before I try any new version of the program. Please test new versions with Win7.

Found this article, Win7 v.s. Vista v.s. WinXP v.s. Linux v.s. Mac:
[url]http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2010/01/windows-7-growing-faster-than-vista-overtakes-mac-os.ars
[/url]
ht23

Previous

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests