Blender plugins not working :(

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Blender plugins not working :(

Postby javierdl » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:32 pm

First off, HUGE congrats and many sincere thanks to everyone involved with the development of this very cool application :) Keep up the good work!

I followed this text (below), and even placed the PY files in the plugins folder too, without avail :(

"First we need to do some preparation. In the makehuman/utils/mhx directory there is a file called ”mhx_import.py”, which you need to copy into your Blender scripts directory. When Blender starts up, there is a new entry in the File > Imports menu which says Makehuman (.mhx)"

Btw, the PY files I was supposed to find in the "makehuman/utils/mhx" dir... there's no such dir. I got the files from the Google Code link instead.
The Read Me says it's for Blender 2.49, which is what I'm using.
No idea what I'm missing then.

I'll appreciate someone enlighten me. Thanks in advance guys :)

JDL
javierdl

Re: Blender plugins not working :(

Postby ThomasL » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:01 am

By mistake, the mhx files where located in a subfolder of a utility directory, which was not included in the alpha 4 release. The files have now been moved to the importers/mhx/blender249 directory, which will be included in the next release. In the meantime, download the most recent files from svn trunk as described in the FAQ, http://sites.google.com/site/makehumandocs/blender-export-and-mhx/faq
ThomasL

Re: Blender plugins not working :(

Postby javierdl » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:39 pm

Thanks a bunch ThomasL :)

JDL
javierdl

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests