mhx help needed!!

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

mhx help needed!!

Postby gwc42 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:27 am

I'm using blender 2.49b and MH alpha 4 on windows xp home.

I seem to have got over my initial problem with filename recognition (a silly error on my part).

I'm now faced with another error. The following line in the import script (in blender) gets highlighted:

if (line_split[0] == '#'):

in module readMhxFile(filename)

Can't think what might cause it, unless the array hasn't been initialised (any other possibilities?) but I don't know how to check for this. I haven't used python at all (though it looks reasonably straightforward to interpret). But how, in general, would I go about debugging/tracing a python script in blender?

Any help would be gratefully received, meanwhile, I'll keep plugging away.

(If it's possible that I'm using an out-of-date version of the script, a link to the download page for the latest version would be appreciated...)

Thanks,
/G.
gwc42

Re: mhx help needed!!

Postby ThomasL » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:09 pm

You are using a seriously outdated version of the import script. Grab the current version of mhx_import.py from
http://code.google.com/p/makehuman/sour ... blender249 . It will be included in the next release.

FYI, the error is caused by an empty line in your exported file. The present version of the import script checks if the number of tokens on the line is zero.
ThomasL

Postby VitalBodies » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:14 am

Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid) 64-bit
http://www.vitalbodies.net/site/art-des ... anorg.html
MakeHuman 1.0Alpha4 - Blender - Inkscape - Gimp - AQSIS 1.6
VitalBodies

Postby gwc42 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:33 am

Thanks very much for your help, I've just grabbed the latest versions from your links.

Unfortunately, it'll be a while before I can try it out because my computer is dead... it has ceased to be... bereft of life, it rests in peace.. it is an EX-computer.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to resurrect it, or if I'll have to get a new one - but in either case I expect it will be some time :-(

/Gary
gwc42

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests