Add more hairs and more textures for hairs.

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Add more hairs and more textures for hairs.

Postby bbot22 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:18 pm

Hello makehuman team. I think you should focus on creating more assets, like more hairs, and more textures for current hairs. Im not a good modeler, so i prefer using premade models and parts. But i feel like only 1 hair for female, and 2 hair for male is just too bad. And maybe you could add earrings too. And if someone knows, can you please post a link, or downloads for some makehuman assets? Thanks for reading!
bbot22

Re: Add more hairs and more textures for hairs.

Postby joepal » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:26 pm

There is a dowload area where users can contribute hair. Some people have already done so.

The core distro will never contain many graphical assets. Rather, the things contained in the core distro will be a few examples. The bulk of the assets will appear in the download areas as and when someone creates and contributes them.

You can reach the download area by clicking the "user contributed assets" link in the meny, or by going to http://www.makehumancommunity.org/conte ... ssets.html
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby brkurt » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:34 pm

joepal wrote:There is a dowload area where users can contribute hair. Some people have already done so.

The core distro will never contain many graphical assets. Rather, the things contained in the core distro will be a few examples. The bulk of the assets will appear in the download areas as and when someone creates and contributes them.

You can reach the download area by clicking the "user contributed assets" link in the meny, or by going to http://www.makehumancommunity.org/conte ... ssets.html

I'm going to update and upgrade all my hairdos in the coming weeks (I unfortunately have a day job!) but a problem that keeps coming up is those users who request hairstyles never define what kind they are looking for.

So..how about some pictures to work from?

Guys, you need to visit a fashion salon with your girlfriend some time. Hairstylists are *artists* who devote a great deal of time and energy to new styles. It takes just as much time or more to create a virtual hairstyle.
brkurt

Postby bbot22 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:44 pm

brkurt wrote:
joepal wrote:There is a dowload area where users can contribute hair. Some people have already done so.

I'm going to update and upgrade all my hairdos in the coming weeks (I unfortunately have a day job!) but a problem that keeps coming up is those users who request hairstyles never define what kind they are looking for.

Guys, you need to visit a fashion salon with your girlfriend some time. Hairstylists are *artists* who devote a great deal of time and energy to new styles. It takes just as much time or more to create a virtual hairstyle.

So you say you can make hairs if i give you some pics? Yeah ill try to post some here!

I would want this one mostly:

So mostly i would want the above one, and a ponytail one.
bbot22

Postby brkurt » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:25 pm

bbot22 wrote:
brkurt wrote:

So you say you can make hairs if i give you some pics? Yeah ill try to post some here!

I would want this one mostly:

So mostly i would want the above one, and a ponytail one.

Yes, and if you look in the tutorials section, you'll be able to download the models as I go.

Right now, I'm starting with a template for 'combed-out wet hair', which is what a hair stylist starts with.

I'm impressed that you know who the blonde is; she's one of the smartest people in show business.
brkurt

Postby Utopian » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:57 pm

I have the same wish :)
I think makehuman is great, but hair variety is still too low.

Idea:
One could implement the following hair 7 textures usually found in humans across the globe:

coarse (thick) straight, fine (thinner) straight, wavy, curly, tight-curly, kinky and peppercorn

And the 4 basic colors (in the minimum):

blonde, red, brown, black

This gives 28 combinations.

Body hair would also be a very interesting feature (from no body hair to strong body hair).
Utopian

Postby badwolf » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:22 pm

what might help the color thing is to have the texture done in Greyscale bonus if it has say 4 different spikes at say undertone base lowerhighlight and upper highlight

you could then use GIMP and a color blend to recolor it
badwolf

Postby woody173 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:39 pm

Hi I would like some more hair styles too. Any short hair for males and even different colours not just black. Blonde would be nice.
Also very short cropped hair with receeding hairline anything would be appreciated.

It would alos be nice to have more things like hats, glasses scarves etc.

I would do them myself but havnt got a clue on where to start.

MakeHuman programmers are doing a brilliant job please please keep it up

Many thanks
woody173

Postby alebosio » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:12 am

hi makehumans team! i need some curly hair for men. i need som like this:

i'm very newbie in bkender, and i don't know how to do it.
if someone can make, thanks
alebosio

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests