MakeHuman will not open

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Re: MakeHuman will not open

Postby Aranuvir » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:21 am

If I want to use the source version, do I need to uninstall the installer version then?

IIRC, I had both running in parallel and no problem. But you cannot use the tuxfamily download to run from source and vice versa (either use a Python installation and run from github source or run the tuxfamily stuff but not inside an extra Python installation).
BTW, I fear running from source won't fix your problem anyway. It looks mostly like those never ending OpenGL issues. Try switching graphics card will probably be your best approach for a solution.
Aranuvir

Postby Shadowedlove97 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:43 am

Aranuvir wrote:
If I want to use the source version, do I need to uninstall the installer version then?

IIRC, I had both running in parallel and no problem. But you cannot use the tuxfamily download to run from source and vice versa (either use a Python installation and run from github source or run the tuxfamily stuff but not inside an extra Python installation).
BTW, I fear running from source won't fix your problem anyway. It looks mostly like those never ending OpenGL issues. Try switching graphics card will probably be your best approach for a solution.

Ah, dang. Thank you. I'll try uninstalling python and disabling one of my graphics cards then and see if that works.
Shadowedlove97

Postby Aranuvir » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:41 pm

MakeHuman has its own Python interpreter bundled. Thus said, a normal Python installation should be able to coexist with MakeHuman's Python. Just make sure to not mix up the interpreters...
Aranuvir

Postby joepal » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:35 am

Actually, from the log it looks as if this is graphics card problem. The final part of the log is a crash with opengl.

Looking at your DLL path, it seems you have an ATI graphics card? Is this a laptop with dual graphics cards?
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Previous

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests