upbge character physics

For discussions related to game development, and to game development software such as Unity, Unreal Engine, Godot and so on.

upbge character physics

Postby sethy » Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:51 am

HI, im trying to make a game in UPBGE. the problem im having is i cant get my makehuman character to have character physics. ive tried all kinds of settings in the physics panel. the best i can get is for my human to have static physics. he dosent fall to the ground when i hit p. he just moves in a staight line through the ground. i think it has something to do with the character mesh being in seperate parts but when i try to join the meshes parts of the mesh will disapear or deform. i applied character pysics to the rig but it doesnt do anything. sometimes my character will completely dissapear or fly off into space. is there any way to get a working game charcter in upbge from makehuman?
sethy

Re: upbge character physics

Postby sethy » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:42 am

i guess the mesh isnt deforming but when i try to join all the meshes together it adds hair and a skirt from some of the clothing and hair assets. not sure why thats happening.
sethy

Re: upbge character physics

Postby sethy » Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:46 am

after pressing P and zooming out the character is still there but in the air and stretched out into a wierd pattern. that was after setting everything to dynamic physics.
sethy

Return to Game development