Who is using Make Human to make games?

For discussions related to game development, and to game development software such as Unity, Unreal Engine, Godot and so on.

Who is using Make Human to make games?

Postby titlepending » Fri May 22, 2020 8:19 pm

Who is using MH to make games?

What are (if/any) are the projects?

I need to do more research as well.
titlepending

Re: Who is using Make Human to make games?

Postby VapeLord » Tue May 26, 2020 7:17 am

Hi titlepending,

I used MH-Models for some tests in Unity and it worked fine.

Unfortunately, I currently have too little time to create an own game.

Greetz Vape
VapeLord

Postby Elvaerwyn » Tue May 26, 2020 6:55 pm

Look up the game Sail and Sacrifice on Steam! This is using some of the makehuman program and assets....Its made by Cage Studios and uses the Unreal Engine. This is one I can think of off top of my head that had some success!
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Postby chriku18 » Thu May 28, 2020 3:34 am

I started programming a game nearly from scratch, writing my own game engine. Currently I have a really bad and incredible ugly character system, but including the makehuman basemesh and database are possible using a completely optional (see AGPL) plugin. This is working really well and creates very nice characters, but as I want to have the option of selling the whole game, I am currently thinking about kicking makehuman and am searching for a different character source.
chriku18

Postby kingofnoodles5 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:36 pm

I use Unity for as a test and some renders. Blender is a little hard to work with. ;)
kingofnoodles5

Postby Asgarath » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:24 am

Hi. i have a long experience to modding jka (star wars jedi academy game), also if i did u never finished and released mod - conversion about legacy of kain series.
but at least i know very well id tech 3 engine and also JKA source code.
now jka source code c++ is under gpl v2 licence, so source code is available for make also not related sw projects.
so i can improve gameplay adding new weapons, spells, rpg system etc.
i am not much good with c++ but i know the basic, just for add new features on engine-
about make human.
on real life i am a disable, with a genetical disorder (enler danlos syndrome) that hit the collagene, so it cause issues of fragility and weakness to bones, veins and muscles.
despite that, also if my trouble forced me to left school at 14 years age, i am a self didactic man.
i writed and published a book of sci fi after ten year of work into 2013, but cause lack of marketing, promotion and distribution i hadn't success.
on 2016 and 2017 years i got some bad bad trouble of heal that let me to think about how time is passing out.
so i think to use my ability to write and my competences into modding for join both skills and make a game about my stories.
an action rpg low poly game.

i need to use makehuman to make my own characters.
if possible, also to make animal creaturs, but that's hard, cause makehuman not have animals mesh to shapes...
maybe i should use spore for craft alien animals creatures, but spore EULA on that is very "$"£ cause tell that everything hosted into spore server become of electronic art property. >_<
i really not know how can i model into easy way my alien creatures cause as 3d graphic, i am good to kitbash , rig and edit models but build a model from zero i am very noobish. and also, make all the creatures by hand of 12 alien worlds can be very hard.
about characters, i have the same problem, cause makehuman is good ,.. for humans. but many of my aliens are like star wars aliens, so they are zoomorphic: human reptiles, human insectoids, human monkeys , human mammals, human fish-anphibian, birds, etc
i can draw on make human successfully 3 of my races: one of telepathic with abig head, one of warriors with red skin and cone head, and one of faunus - sheep face druid - wizards. for other races is a problem cause they are like human-animals, so is hard to sculpt their bodies on makehuman, expecially their faces.
i hope that someone can help me about that. that dream is one the few nice things of my life. see ya. :)
Asgarath

Postby nomorecookies » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:10 am

With the update to the license removing concerns, i am now fully invested in using MakeHuman for the game i am developing :D
nomorecookies

Postby Brandy Farfan » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:25 pm

titlepending wrote:Who is using MH to make games?

What are (if/any) are the projects?

I need to do more research as well.

Me. I am working on an adventure game, and I plan to use them for a few non playable characters. But the main character, I am modelling from scratch. 8-)
Brandy Farfan

Postby Lukong » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:11 pm

Cause I love customization, so first game -system- is Dress-Up and that if you disable the Bullet Engine in BGE that limits your games ables [No Collide = No Reply/Mouse/Math] which limits the game to Keyboard Input only.

I suck at coding [Gr8 School, Self Taught while online, Lack of Focus & Sololearn vs LearnPyth.apk, qPython.apk & Adult].
But I've been playing games [Mostly emulators, Customization, Casual RPGs, Sandbox, TacticTile/Auto-Attack vs Turn-Base & Offline Player] & absorbing Gaming Culture [Anti-Saturation/MicroTransaction] to the point that I've gotten tired of the mistakes of developers...so I wrote my own ideas [for years] while trying to find how to make them...Blender BGE is great for small/compact Casual games that similar PS2/PS1/GBA/NDS [Like the Emulators I played a lot] & OpenGLES2 games on Android 4.x

THANK GOD FOR BLENDER GAME ENGINE...weird timing
- how its not in Blender 2.8+ [Dropped by Devs]
- Ubisoft & another game company put millions of dollars into Blender [Due to Eevee Engine]
- Now UPBGE [Continue developing BGE] have a Blender 3 version [Other than Armoury]
- ...one thing I have to keep a secret [Its about cross-platforming to the biggest platform...YO DEVS I CAN'T MakeHumanDM YOU]
Lukong

Postby tomcat » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:27 am

Guys from Russia make games using MH and Godot:
https://nlbproject.com/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1137270/_/

A character generator in Godot, based on MH:
Go_MakeHuman_dot
<link>

My work on learning in Godot:
Run_around
Run_3_en
Foreigners' reactions to Russian "Bird's Milk" candies
— Are your birds being milked?
— In Russia everyone is milked. Here even the zucchini is used to make caviar.
tomcat

Next

Return to Game development