Clothes2 in Blender

Discussions about MakeHuman, Blender and MPFB. It is ok to ask for general Blender support here, even if it isn't directly related to MakeHuman

Clothes2 in Blender

Postby etienne.voice » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:03 pm

I made a pair of cargo pants and exported with the MakeClothes2 plugin.
Screenshot from 2022-10-25 22-45-45.png

When I later import the .mhclo file the mesh has many seemingly random edges
Screenshot from 2022-10-25 22-35-39.png

I tried merging nearby vertices, but no vertices needed welding

This wouldn't necessarily be a problem, but when I go on to export as a .vrm character I get the strangest errors with the mesh seeming to breakup
Screenshot from 2022-10-25 22-57-08.png

Am I doing something wrong with the mesh or the material?
Any help most gratefully received. Thanks for reading
Attachments
Baggy Cargo Pants_ImportedFromMH.blend
(7.93 MiB) Downloaded 264 times
BAggy Cargo Pants retop3500FacesOnCharacter5MakeClothesExported.blend
(25.34 MiB) Downloaded 265 times
etienne.voice

Re: Clothes2 in Blender

Postby Elvaerwyn » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:39 pm

Greetings,

Nice pant! I'm sure whatever the issue is can be resolved, however I have no experience in vrm characters. That said it is likely a small oversight in export from blender to makehuman that will resolve much if not all of the tearing you witness in the mesh. Out of curiousity what vertices on the helper were used on export?

If not already assigned, I would try to assign the pant to only a pant vertex group for export -that will align with the legs of the model or the legs of the tights helper mesh. This little bit of work is helpful on every export to be honest going forward, you may consider making a file called something like clothesdesign or similar and make all clothes in this same blender file in future, thus you can save all helper vertex groups to use on additional clothes you make.

Nice to see a budding clothing creator!

Elv
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Postby etienne.voice » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:12 pm

Thanks for taking a look at this and your kind words.

I tried to follow this excellent tutorial http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... tex-Groups

I've added a picture of the vertex groups I specified, the helper only had the vertex group 'trousers' assigned. Is that the approach you were suggesting?
Screenshot from 2022-10-26 00-02-42.png
etienne.voice

Postby Elvaerwyn » Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:31 am

Wonderful,

Yes this is the tutorial to go to for learning the vertex assignments! Out of curiosity, in the image you show, is the pant and tights used for vertex or the pant with body? Also is the body used soley for a delete group? If using tights helper, possibly try the same workflow but use the body group you selected as both the delete group(invisble body area), and the helper for your pants! Curious to see if the same is shown to be true.
Also I noticed this is a tri mesh, this is supported but in past has had mixed results for some, have you had the same issues by chance with soley quad meshes?

Elv
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Return to Blender and MPFB