How would I make a motion capture rig?

Discussions about MakeHuman, Blender and MPFB. It is ok to ask for general Blender support here, even if it isn't directly related to MakeHuman

How would I make a motion capture rig?

Postby MrColz » Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:03 am

Hi all,

I've been stuck on this project for the past month now and I'm very frustrated and hoping someone here has an answer. Basically, I'm trying to animate a makehuman model via motion capture, as in the body AND the face. However, tons of github pages and blender addons later, I still cannot find a proper way to 1) rig this model with proper body and face bones, and 2) get them to animate with motion capture data. If anyone knows any sort of addon or tips on a technique to get these characters to move around and talk like normal human beings I would greatly appreciate it.
MrColz

Re: How would I make a motion capture rig?

Postby tomcat » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:50 am

I understand that the previous discussion did not help.

I was going to pursue this issue, but unfortunately fell gravely ill. Now I have almost recovered, but there are still consequences. When I can get to work, I will look into it and post the results.

For CMU's Motion Capture (Motionbuilder-friendly BVH conversion of the CMU motion) the Cmu mb rig is suitable. It's possible that Cmu Face Rig can be used to add facial animation. I'll be checking that out.

But in addition to my illness, we have political perturbations, so it's absolutely impossible to say when I'll be able to get to work.
Foreigners' reactions to Russian "Bird's Milk" candies
— Are your birds being milked?
— In Russia everyone is milked. Here even the zucchini is used to make caviar.
tomcat

Re: How would I make a motion capture rig?

Postby MrColz » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:59 pm

tomcat wrote:I understand that the previous discussion did not help.

I was going to pursue this issue, but unfortunately fell gravely ill. Now I have almost recovered, but there are still consequences. When I can get to work, I will look into it and post the results.

For CMU's Motion Capture (Motionbuilder-friendly BVH conversion of the CMU motion) the Cmu mb rig is suitable. It's possible that Cmu Face Rig can be used to add facial animation. I'll be checking that out.

But in addition to my illness, we have political perturbations, so it's absolutely impossible to say when I'll be able to get to work.

I'm sorry for your recent troubles, I hope you recover soon. That sounds pretty bad. I have now realized you are indeed in a place dealing with a very difficult situation, so I wish for the best for you and you family.
MrColz

Return to Blender and MPFB