MakeHuman master skeleton layers

Discussions about MakeHuman, Blender and MPFB. It is ok to ask for general Blender support here, even if it isn't directly related to MakeHuman

MakeHuman master skeleton layers

Postby Joshea » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:41 pm

I'm trying to determine the master layer only for Makehuman in Blender 3. I've attached a pic of the layer that controls both master and root which doesn't work for me. I just can't seem to find the master layer on it's own. Thanks.
Attachments
skeleton layers.png
skeleton layers.png (24.61 KiB) Viewed 2316 times
Joshea

Re: MakeHuman master skeleton layers

Postby joepal » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:45 am

I don't understand. Is it the rigify functionality you're talking about?
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby Joshea » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:14 pm

joepal wrote:I don't understand. Is it the rigify functionality you're talking about?

Thanks for answering my inquiry.

Yes. In Blender 2.93 when I used a rigify armature with MakeHuman, the master and root are separated. And since changing up to Blender 3, which does not accept MakeHuman with a rigify armature, I haven't been able to separate the MakeHuman armature's root and master. The end result, so far, is hampering my ability to eliminate foot slip in the walk cycle.

It's not a huge problem at this time, gone back to Blender 2.93, since I'm in the very early stages of my latest project.
Joshea

Postby joepal » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:44 pm

There have been a few changes to rigify between (I think) 2.93 and 3.0. There are even more changes in the upcoming 3.1 blender.

My best suggestion for now is to stay with 2.93 until I've had time to give the rigify functionality an overhaul.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Return to Blender and MPFB