Very weird bug happening on sculpt mode with multires modifi

Discussions about MakeHuman, Blender and MPFB. It is ok to ask for general Blender support here, even if it isn't directly related to MakeHuman

Very weird bug happening on sculpt mode with multires modifi

Postby thejellyjam » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:39 am

Well...something very weird is happening to me. I imported my makehuman model directly to Blender (2.92) using the MakeHuman addon. It seemed that everything went fine. No errors so far, until I wanted to edit my mesh on sculpt mode. First thing I did was add the multires modifier, and once I clicked on "Subdivide", my male model turned into a transsexual. It was hilarious lol, but obviously something's wrong...or maybe that's how my model identifies itself? Anyway, no idea on why this is happening. Maybe there's some embedded extra info on the model? Also, the woman clothes and long hair doesn't seem to appear nowhere else...

This is the original mesh, with only the default modifiers that are added on import (with the addon)
normal.png
The original mesh on sculpt mode, without the multires modifier

And...this is the mesh once I added the mutlires and subdivided it
bug.png
The mesh once I add the multires and hit on "subdivide"

Like I said, I really don't have any idea on what's happening.

I'm using Blender 2.92, imported the model with the MakeHuman addon (latest version I guess?)
thejellyjam

Re: Very weird bug happening on sculpt mode with multires mo

Postby Aranuvir » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:30 am

Maybe you wanna apply the mask modifiers to get rid of the helper geometry? And iirc, there should also be an import option that will let you ignore that geometry. Good luck...
Aranuvir

Re: Very weird bug happening on sculpt mode with multires mo

Postby joepal » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:31 pm

What Aranuvir says: you probably lose the mask modifier when sculpting. Apart from applying the mask modifier you could also enter edit mode, select all verts in HelperGeometry and JointCubes and delete these. The end result should be the same.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Return to Blender and MPFB