Blender2MSFS does not export my texture

Discussions about MakeHuman, Blender and MPFB. It is ok to ask for general Blender support here, even if it isn't directly related to MakeHuman

Blender2MSFS does not export my texture

Postby eldorabraun » Fri May 07, 2021 6:54 pm

Hi,

I have a simple model with a single texture file. It looks fine in Blender but when exporting the model using the Export for MSFS, I get the bin, xml and gltf file but no texture file.

As I am new to Blender, it could be that I missed a crucial step.
I use a "Diffuse BSDF" surface with "Color" an Image Texture from a 1024x1024 png file applied using UV mapping
The MSFS Material Params section has "Material Mode" set to Disabled. download gimp
I try export to the ..\texture\ folder with Selected Objects and Custom properties ticked.

Any clue what I missed?

See attached files for my settings.
Attachments
blender materials.png
blender export.png
eldorabraun

Re: Blender2MSFS does not export my texture

Postby hh_is_op » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:47 pm

is the file suppose to be a gltf?
Idiots got to learn somehow :lol:
hh_is_op

Re: Blender2MSFS does not export my texture

Postby joepal » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:42 am

I've never even saw microsoft flight simlulator, but there seems to be a few hints in the wiki: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index. ... ender2MSFS

glTF formats
glTF files can have three different forms: glTF binaries (.glb), glTF Embedded (.glTF) or glTF separate (.gltf + .bin + texture). For MSFS it is recommended to use the last of the three options.

Textures
Note that when using the glTF separate option, the exporter will automatically copy/convert your textures into the PNG format. If you don’t specify a directory in the “Textures” input, those textures will be generated in the same folder as your glTF model. Note that the textures folder utilises relative paths from the model file. This means you can use “../textures” as an input, which will automatically copy the textures to a MSFS conform location. That said, be aware that the relative path is NOT copied to the URI of the textures. This is a rigid requirement of the sim, but it leads to your model not being able to properly render in other glTF render engines.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Return to Blender and MPFB