MH Community Plugin?

Discussions about MakeHuman, Blender and MPFB. It is ok to ask for general Blender support here, even if it isn't directly related to MakeHuman

MH Community Plugin?

Postby Jankie » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:10 am

Okay, just got my hands on MakeHuman and installed the Community Plugin, which claims to be able to import directly into blender... except I can't find any documentation as to how to actually use it? Only that I should enable one option in the community tab in MakeHuman, and... nothing beyond that. Am I missing something glaringly obvious? Am I using the wrong version of anything, perhaps? (Blender 2.83 and MH 1.2.0)

Thanks in advance.
Jankie

Re: MH Community Plugin?

Postby loki1950 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:10 pm

The plug-in uses sockets to connect the two apps you have to explicitly allow the connection on the "Community" tab in MH 1.2.0 go to the sub-tab Socket and check "Accept connection".That should do the trick.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby jwc » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:59 am

Just in case you missed this requirement: The Makehuman application has to be running when you click the 'import human' button in Blender.
The currently configured human-pose-materials-... from Makehuman will then be read and loaded into the Blender scene.
jwc

Postby BadRaven » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:34 pm

Thanks for info, have from the above help been able to get a MH pose directly into Blender.

My only interest in Blender is to alter and create more MH poses, as I'm creating figures to produce 3D printed 2mm/foot "N" gauge model railway figures, and the poses inside MH are largely unusuable. For example, I need children sitting on the ground watching a Punch and Judy show, but none of the MH library figures are with the head looking up, but down!

I'm currently though struggling trying to work out how to alter the pose now I have it in Blender. What help videos etc I have found, and they seem rare enough anyway, refer to older versions of Blende/MH and so do not seem to operate in the same way now!
BadRaven

Postby jwc » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:41 am

If you just need to change something like the head angle, a simple process would be:

Import a character with a skeleton (the default one is good) and an existing pose into Blender, in a Blender Layout window
Select the character Armature.
In the upper left Blender window is a dropdown, usually with Object Mode shown. When an armature is selected, this dropdown adds Edit Mode and Pose Mode.
---- Edit mode is for changing bone sizes and locations, not what you want.
---- Pose Mode is for rotating the bones in a pose, this is what you want.
Change to Pose Mode.
Select the head bone and then R (for rotate) X (for rotating around the X axis) and rotate the head looking upwards.
For even more head movement or a different look, you can repeat this with the neck bone. Y head rotations will make them look like they are peering around an obstruction.
The human and clothing meshes are parented to the bones, and within reason will flex to follow the bones.
Again note, this mode is dealing with rotations. The only translation is on the main root bone.

After the character is posed, change the Simulation End location to be the same as the start location, and export the pose as a BVH file.
A MakeHuman pose is a single frame BVH.

Hopefully this is enough to get you started.
jwc

Postby BadRaven » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:52 pm

Excellent, Thank You!

Have managed to go through the complete process, direct export to Blender, Adjust Pose, and return into MH via .bvh file in Poses folder.

SOOOOOO Pleased. :D :D
BadRaven

Return to Blender and MPFB