makehuman to blender, discoloured parts

Discussions about MakeHuman, Blender and MPFB. It is ok to ask for general Blender support here, even if it isn't directly related to MakeHuman

makehuman to blender, discoloured parts

Postby saki » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:54 pm

Hello, I'm totally new to MakeHuman and blender. When imported human to blender, all the materials for skin, hair, clothes etc as they appear in makehuman are there in the material sections for each of those parts but i don't know how to assign them to make the blender human look the same as in makehuman, it just gives all the parts hair clothes skin etc. colours from viewport display instead of those materials. For example this shirt is supposed to be black with some patterns like i see in preview for material but is aqua like in viewport colour. Probably a stupid question but i don't know what to do, thanks a lot.
Attachments
1.png
makehuman
2.png
blender
3.png
blender
3.png (17.66 KiB) Viewed 1684 times
saki

Re: makehuman to blender, discoloured parts

Postby Aranuvir » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:30 pm

Basically there are two options to solve your problem.

Either you can use the undocumented option to set a "proxy color" for each object by editing the mhmat file. Add the keywords viewPortColor and viewPortAlpha to the files in a text editor. For example "viewPortColor R G B" and "viewPortAlpha A" with R, G, B, A type float 0.0 - 1.0.

Or you can switch Blender's viewport shading to texture. Please consult the official documentation for that option.
Aranuvir

Re: makehuman to blender, discoloured parts

Postby saki » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:00 pm

I went for the second option, thanks a lot for the explanation!!
saki

Return to Blender and MPFB