Make Clothes Missing detailed Helpers

Discussions about MakeHuman, Blender and MPFB. It is ok to ask for general Blender support here, even if it isn't directly related to MakeHuman

Make Clothes Missing detailed Helpers

Postby BioMechAlex » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:14 pm

Hello,
Whilst trying to use Make Clothes addon in blender and following a fairly recent tutorial i seem to be missing something.

When i press the "Extract clothes button" and select any of the options from the drop down i get a message saying,
"This mesh does not have the (body) vertex group, maybe you didn't import with detailed helpers?"
As far as i can tell i have detailed helpers set to import in the settings presets in the make human tab and active.
I am sure i am just missing something obvious so any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
BioMechAlex

Re: Make Clothes Missing detailed Helpers

Postby jwc » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:53 pm

A guess based on the error message:

Did you create a vertex group for the human mesh with the same name as the clothing vertex group?

This vertex group can be either the helper or human vertices, and is the reference for warping the clothing mesh.
jwc

Postby joepal » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:03 pm

"Detailed helpers" is a function of the MPFB importer. There's a checkbox on the settings panel in MPFB.

But basically, if you use MPFB, you should load the "makeclothes" settings, which I think will also set the "detailed helpers" checkbox.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby BioMechAlex » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:30 pm

@joepal, Those settings i have checked, and appear to be set to import/make the "detailed helpers" but they don't seem to be recognised or are missing when i go into make clothes. The setting i'm unclear on there is the Mask option.

@jwc, i'll have a look, i haven't noticed making separate vertex groups (named or otherwise), that could well be what i am missing.

Thank you both for helping
BioMechAlex

Postby BioMechAlex » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:26 pm

I just tried it with a clean default character at it works fine, so it must just be the figure i was using.
Don't know why i didn't try it earlier. At a guess it could be something to do with morphs or something i was using on the figure causing not to work.
Thank you for your help.
BioMechAlex

Return to Blender and MPFB