Sculpting new detail into a MH mesh

Discussions about MakeHuman, Blender and MPFB. It is ok to ask for general Blender support here, even if it isn't directly related to MakeHuman

Sculpting new detail into a MH mesh

Postby SaltyCowdawg » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:42 pm

So I was messing about like I tend to and I decided one of the avatars really needed a mole under their eye like I was inspired by from a photo on Deviant Art. However when I tried to things went south.

What I tried to do was turn on the dynotopo option in the sculpt tool settings. Got a warning it was going to kill off things like UVs but I pressed on. Not only did I not achieve the mole I was trying to add in (and texture later) but it changed the mesh dramatically to a much lower mesh and looked horrible.

What settings for sculpting to others use? I'd love to add things like pores, wrinkles, blemishes and moles.

Still trying to figure this blender stuff out...
Peter L. Berghold <peter@berghold.net> or <Salty.Cowdawg@gmail.com>
Retired IT with 30+ years in the business
SaltyCowdawg

Re: Sculpting new detail into a MH mesh

Postby joepal » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:35 am

For sculpting, add a "multiresolution" modifier on the mesh and add a few subdivisions. Disable the dyntopo / add geometry sculpt stuff. This way you can sculpt at a higher resolution but still maintain the UVs.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Re: Sculpting new detail into a MH mesh

Postby SaltyCowdawg » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:48 pm

Disable the dyntopo / add geometry sculpt stuff.

Since I posted that I figured that out the hard way. :-D

Going to give it a try again either today or tomorrow. Hard to tell what is on my plate I'm going through the chaos that selling a house brings. Chimney sweeper today and furnace guy tomorrow...
Peter L. Berghold <peter@berghold.net> or <Salty.Cowdawg@gmail.com>
Retired IT with 30+ years in the business
SaltyCowdawg

Return to Blender and MPFB