Blender addon

Discussions about MakeHuman, Blender and MPFB. It is ok to ask for general Blender support here, even if it isn't directly related to MakeHuman

Blender addon

Postby AssetDK » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:51 pm

I mannaged to get the link up between MH and Blender and that part works nice. However I struggle using many of the options. Let's get started:

1st problem is that the shape keys does not import. I have done 'Import human' many times/ways, but I never had any success getting the shape keys in?
2nd problem is that the different meshes get imported separately - there is no "merge body parts". Tis will eventually give some problems when working with shape keys and poses.

3nd how should 'Skeleton sync' actually work? I did manage to fumble around enough to actually activate the "Sync with MH" button and that seems to transfer the pose as well as the expressions. But the 'Transfer button' seems to nothing... Mystery: what is supposed to get transferred to where? All together what you do with destination drop-down does not make any differences?

I would like to make all of the expressions into shape-keys, however when I do get to make new shape-keys I am no longer able to use the Skeleton/'Sync with MH'.... :?

:idea: Tip: You can actually make a pose-lib and then add the current expression as a new pose, this will however save the entire pose body and expression. ( According to some tutorials it looks like you can link bone groups to a pose, but I don't know enough about bone groups to know if that will solve the problem?)

I would love to make this work and make a tutorial on how to get everything into UE4, but I seem to get stuck step by step...
AssetDK

Re: Blender addon

Postby jcpalmer » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:06 pm

I already talked about shapekeys in this topic http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18170. Basically, you need to either apply some modifiers, or otherwise remove on some meshes.
Bring up an info section to see what happened.

You can always merge meshes in Blender. Just select them. The last mesh is the one that will be the recipient. I have never tried merging getting expression shapekeys after merging only before.
jcpalmer

Re: Blender addon

Postby AssetDK » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:37 am

jcpalmer wrote:You can always merge meshes in Blender. Just select them. The last mesh is the one that will be the recipient. I have never tried merging getting expression shapekeys after merging only before.
Thanks for the link about expressions, I got this odd permission error, but I got it to work!

I tried to merge the meshes, and that did not help! :cry:

I can import almost all the target files I can get my hands on and they will work, and cooperate with the other meshes. However the eyes do not work.... say, i Makehuman the targets for African male works fine and the eyes "follows", but when the .target files is loaded in Blender (using MakeTarget2) the eyes are not affected by the shape keys.
AssetDK

Return to Blender and MPFB