any basic good tutorial?

Discussions about MakeHuman, Blender and MPFB. It is ok to ask for general Blender support here, even if it isn't directly related to MakeHuman

any basic good tutorial?

Postby ronisegoly » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:40 am

Hi
I have new laptop so managed finally managed to install MH 1.2
I understand I can change poses using blender (I downloaded 2.8.1a
Is there a good tutorial which will lead me through and will save me time of learning blender as well? Need only the relevant basic features to alter MH models
I tried with youtube but each tutorial refers to different versions to menus are different
ronisegoly

Re: any basic good tutorial?

Postby bogdan666 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:02 pm

Make a character in MH, choose a topology, skeleton and export as mhx2 with all four export settings boxes checked.

Workflow for blender 2.79:
Open blender, import the mhx2. (you need the mhx2 addon for blender)
Now you have your model in blender. Ensure that you're in keyframe 1. Click the model, go into pose mode, pose the model as you like
(click corresponding bone and rotate with mouse or hit r key (or r key and x, y, z or even r x x, r y y or r z z if you want to constrain it to a certain axis).
Then just hit space key and "insert keyframe-->whole character" and voila the pose is saved. (Blender 2.79)

In blender 2.8x it's similar but instead of space key for inserting a keyframe you click the right button on the character. And select bones by left click instead of right click.
As for blender 2.81 and mhx2 I don't know if there is a plugin for it already. If not: Import your human model into blender 2.79 and then just copy it into blender 2.81 manually (crtl + c --> crtl + v)
if you absolutely want to work with blender 2.81.
bogdan666

Re: any basic good tutorial?

Postby ronisegoly » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:31 am

As I am not familiar with blender I a nit sure about the different definitions like keyframe and pose mode
but I but everything working, so thanks
ronisegoly

Return to Blender and MPFB