MH and Blender integration problem

Discussions about MakeHuman, Blender and MPFB. It is ok to ask for general Blender support here, even if it isn't directly related to MakeHuman

MH and Blender integration problem

Postby Philipy » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:47 am

I'm new to both MH and Blender so I apologise in advance if I'm being stupid ( probabaly am!).
I have MH 1.2.0a3 installed and I'm getting on fairly well with it, no problems so far,
I also have Blender 2.81 installed. (Not getting on very well with it but that is a separate issue)
My problem is in getting the two to talk to each other. I've spent many hours trying to install the MHX2 plugins in Blender with no success whatsoever.
I have most recently tried to get the official plugins to work with limited but non-functioning success. I have folloed the Youtube video by Joel and also read the FAQ about installing plugins and as far as I can see I've done everything correctly. The MH Community plugin shows as being installed and active. I have saved it in preferences and if I shut down and restart it still shows as being OK. However what I don't have is the MakeHuman Tab in Blender, and in MH itself although I have 'accepted connections' on the Community-> Sockets tab it is just sitting there "waiting for connection".

Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong, please?
Philipy

Re: MH and Blender integration problem

Postby Mindfront » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:49 pm

Philipy wrote:I'm new to both MH and Blender so I apologise in advance if I'm being stupid ( probabaly am!).
We are all beginners in different levels and will never be fully learned. You are not stupid :!:

Have you tried Blender 2.79 and MakeHuman 1.1.1 with MHX2 ? So far I know is MHX2 and MakeClothes still under progress to make to work with Blender 2.8.
I have both Blender 2.79 and Blender 2.81 installed, using Blender 2.79 for texturing, baking, create MakeHuman assets and use as MHX2 character portal. One extra step but does the work perfectly.
Mindfront

Postby Philipy » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:31 am

Mindfront wrote:
Have you tried Blender 2.79 and MakeHuman 1.1.1 with MHX2 ? So far I know is MHX2 and MakeClothes still under progress to make to work with Blender 2.8.
I have both Blender 2.79 and Blender 2.81 installed, using Blender 2.79 for texturing, baking, create MakeHuman assets and use as MHX2 character portal. One extra step but does the work perfectly.

Thanks for the reply.
Yes I did try Blender 2.79 and MakeHuman 1.1.1 with MHX2, but I couldn't get them to work either, following a Youtube video by a chap called Brian Mayrose. Hence why I wondered if I am simply not doing something correctly.
Philipy

Postby RobBaer » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:25 am

Philipy wrote:Thanks for the reply.
Yes I did try Blender 2.79 and MakeHuman 1.1.1 with MHX2, but I couldn't get them to work either, following a Youtube video by a chap called Brian Mayrose. Hence why I wondered if I am simply not doing something correctly.

Now is a good time suggest the new alpha 4. You will need to download the Blender tools appropriate to the Blender version you choose to use.
RobBaer

Postby Philipy » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:18 pm

Rob, thanks for your suggestion and apologies for my delay in replying...Christmas got in the way!

I have finally managed to get MH 2.79 and Blender 1.1.1 talking to each other via MHX2, although I've lost count of how many times I downloaded, installed and uninstalled both of them. I have no idea what I did differently the last time to the several times before, but tbh I don't feel like pushing my luck with more recent versions of either until and unless I can get Blender to do even basic stuff, and I won't really need all the cutting edge capabilities anyway.

Thanks again.
Philipy

Return to Blender and MPFB