Hair Texture issues in blender via mhx2 import

Discussions about MakeHuman, Blender and MPFB. It is ok to ask for general Blender support here, even if it isn't directly related to MakeHuman

Hair Texture issues in blender via mhx2 import

Postby tkirby » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:36 am

Hi All,

New user to MakeHuman and Blender, Im trying to create a workflow to get MakeHuman charecters into blender and eventually into glTF for use in Babylon.js.
Im using Using Blender 2.80 and MakeHuman v1.1.1 (1.2 doesnt have a Mac build at time of posting) with the mhx2 import plugin.

The Characters look normal in MakeHuman but When I import to blender and view with Eevee. I get a strange shiny effect on the hair texture. See attached image.
I think this is some issue with the specular map but I don't know enough to troubleshoot. I also seem to lose alpha channel on the eyebrow texture when I export to glTF, but that may be another issue.

Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 3.32.08 pm.png
Texture Issue

Any help is appreciated.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 3.32.03 pm.png
tkirby

Re: Hair Texture issues in blender via mhx2 import

Postby joepal » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:18 am

The problem is a combination of shininess values being improperly set on some assets, and mhx not always being efficient in handling this.

Long story short: your hair got a roughness of close to zero. You need to adjust it to about 0.8.

This is handled in a more automatic manner in the new importer in the makehuman plugin for blender.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Re: Hair Texture issues in blender via mhx2 import

Postby tkirby » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:47 am

Thanks for the quick reply, That fixed it. Ill have to install the python3 version and try the new importer some time.
tkirby

Return to Blender and MPFB