installing MH in BLender 2.80

Discussions about MakeHuman, Blender and MPFB. It is ok to ask for general Blender support here, even if it isn't directly related to MakeHuman

installing MH in BLender 2.80

Postby JijiLeVieux » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:18 pm

Hello,

I hope you could help me, I'm totaly confused.
it seems I can't install MH_Community_for_blender_280 in Blender 2.80
every time I enable the plug in, I've got this error message (see image)

I've tried in admin mode just in case it would be a privilege problem but it doesn't work.

does anyone have an idea ? I would much appreciate some help.
thanks.
Attachments
makehuman error.jpg
JijiLeVieux

Re: installing MH in BLender 2.80

Postby Aranuvir » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:39 am

Looks like something is going wrong with your Python in Blender. Can you open the scripting tab, enter "import socket" in the console (without quotation marks and mind the spelling) and tell us what happens?
Aranuvir

Postby joepal » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:53 am

It is very difficult to say exactly what's wrong, apart from that it is outside of the plugin as such. We don't ship the socket DLL. As aranuvir says, it's most likely something wrong with your blender, python or windows.

Maybe you have mixed versions of blender and/or python installed?
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby JijiLeVieux » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:32 am

Hi, thanks for your replies

Aranuvir wrote:Looks like something is going wrong with your Python in Blender. Can you open the scripting tab, enter "import socket" in the console (without quotation marks and mind the spelling) and tell us what happens?

here is the answer of you question. Any clue ?
Attachments
import socket.jpg
JijiLeVieux

Postby Aranuvir » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:53 am

Doing some google research, users indicate that reinstalling Blender and deleting blender config folder ("Drive_Letter":\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\"Version=2.80"). Could solve the problem. When reinstalling make sure to match the architecture (32bit on Windows 32 and 64bit on Windows 64), especially do not try to run Blender 64bit on Windows 32. Maybe cleaning the site-packages folder could be helpful, too. I don't know where to find that folder on Windows, but running the commands "import sys" and "[p for p in sys.path if not 'blender' in p]" in the console should show you all divergent paths Blender makes use of. And finally make sure security tools are not blocking Blender/Python to use the network!
If all fails you'll have to get in touch with Blender. It's nothing we can solve in MakeHuman.
Aranuvir

Postby JijiLeVieux » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:21 pm

Aranuvir wrote:Doing some google research, users indicate that reinstalling Blender and deleting blender config folder ("Drive_Letter":\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\"Version=2.80"). Could solve the problem. When reinstalling make sure to match the architecture (32bit on Windows 32 and 64bit on Windows 64), especially do not try to run Blender 64bit on Windows 32. Maybe cleaning the site-packages folder could be helpful, too. I don't know where to find that folder on Windows, but running the commands "import sys" and "[p for p in sys.path if not 'blender' in p]" in the console should show you all divergent paths Blender makes use of. And finally make sure security tools are not blocking Blender/Python to use the network!
If all fails you'll have to get in touch with Blender. It's nothing we can solve in MakeHuman.

Hi, after sending the message, I did some research too. Knowing it was the "socket" file that was the problem, I found another forum where they suggest to replace the roaming folder. I just renamed it so Blender could create a new one and it worked. I managed to install the Makehuman addon.
Seems we had a look at the same forum pages.

thanks a lot for all your help, you pointed me in the wright direcion.
JijiLeVieux

Return to Blender and MPFB