Blender 2.80 recent changes & release

Discussions about MakeHuman, Blender and MPFB. It is ok to ask for general Blender support here, even if it isn't directly related to MakeHuman

Blender 2.80 recent changes & release

Postby jcpalmer » Wed May 22, 2019 3:27 pm

As of Monday, possibly a few days earlier, Blender 2.80 made what looks like the last API change. API & User Interface are now frozen, per https://devtalk.blender.org/t/20-may-2019/7242. Release seems to be planned for July.

This last API changes going to blow up expressions direct to shapekeys. I have already modified expression transfer to handle any units other than decimeter (not committed). Another change a little earlier is going to cause anything with scene.update() to fail. Changing this will cause it not to not work with 2.79. This affects expression / pose transfer, and Kinect. Not sure if double coding now that release is close makes sense.
jcpalmer

Re: Blender 2.80 recent changes & release

Postby jcpalmer » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:19 pm

I have pushed a new version of the MakeHuman Plugin For Blender, version 0.5. It takes into account all Blender 2.80 API changes, plus

- expressions now work for any scale human
- Kinect runs for Blender 2.80, still issues, but runs.

I tried to make many changes work both ways, but have very low confidence for working currently on 2.79, so only a 2.80 zip was committed.

I also added the Version to the title, for ease of knowing what you have. Not sure what to do about MakeTarget, so did not touch it. Can be removed once in production of course.
plugin.JPG
jcpalmer

Postby joepal » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:52 pm

jcpalmer wrote:- expressions now work for any scale human

That is exceptionally good news.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby Aranuvir » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:55 pm

Indeed that's great work. Unfortunately I do not have a kinect to test it out. I did some in depth tests and had to open some issues on the bug tracker, sorry for that. I'll see which of them I can fix in the next time. Currently I'm reworking the material system. The texture space needs to be set. To be committed soon.
Aranuvir

Return to Blender and MPFB