Make Target question

Discussions about MakeHuman, Blender and MPFB. It is ok to ask for general Blender support here, even if it isn't directly related to MakeHuman

Make Target question

Postby etienne.voice » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:54 pm

Trying to import new body and head into MH and following the excellent Targets tutorial by jujube http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14637, but I need a little basic help. Hope you can help get me straight. Here's my understanding

Step1. Modelled a new Female Character based on the topology of MH default with 13,378 faces and 13,380 vertices
Step 2. I import an MH default figure for Make Target plugin. I would like to make a New Human from Presets, but the MPFB From Presets list is blank, see screengrab. Instead of Presets I import new human from Make Human where the default character is loaded. Question a: Do I need to download a special ‘asset pack’ to populate Presets?
Step 3. After I add a Shape key to the New Human mesh I cannot morph to the female character. I get error ‘Selected meshes must have same number of vertices’ until I remove all HelperGeometry, JointCubes and Eyebrows vertices, so that new Human and my female character have 13,378 faces.
Question b: Do I need to maintain Helper groups or import just the mesh from MH?
Question c: Should I scale up the helper groups to fit my new Female Character?
Step 4 Now with the NewHuman now with a ShapeKey morphing to my Female Figure mesh, the MakeTarget plugin has Create Target greyed out.
Question d: How do I amend NewHuman mesh to select as Create Target
Step 5. I will later need to amend the NewHuman eyes, eyelashes and eyebrows to fit the Female Figure.
Question e: how is modifying elements like eyes etc done with Helper Geometry vertex groups? or do I simply reproduce the steps above and create new morph targets for each elements and import to MH?

Many thanks for reading this far.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2022-09-17 02-14-31.png
FemaleImportedRigForumPost2bNewBody.blend
(15.03 MiB) Downloaded 159 times
Screenshot from 2022-09-17 01-10-14.jpg
etienne.voice

Return to Blender and MPFB