No way to install genitalia

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

No way to install genitalia

Postby Rostropovich » Wed May 19, 2021 5:17 pm

Hallo!

I really don't understand the problem with the genitals. Is facebook also putting limits here to decide which human body parts are dignifiying ? I have been following since three hours all the indications to install them, and it's impossible.

I have downloaded the proxy files and put them in my user's directory, also inside the app (oppening "show packages"), I also found this video in the forum (I think I read all threads about this theme) https://youtu.be/ra_pkb9IdeI

and I followed it's indications and downloaded and synchronized ... later I looked for the right proxys and install them and the app said finshed download and ... desperation.

Can anyone let me know how to proceed??

Love this software and I just can say a big THANK YOU!
Rostropovich

Re: No way to install genitalia

Postby punkduck » Wed May 19, 2021 6:11 pm

Hi

I don't know, when the proxies are in the wrong folder they will not work, but it is no rocket science, it is rather similar to clothes.

This is the folder-structure:

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/Documentation:Directory_structure_and_core_modules

The proxy meshes should be loaded to v1py3/data/proxymeshes of the User partition (green one).
I dunno if the downloader puts them there or into clothes directory (or whereever).
Worst case you can also download them manually and put them into this folder (I always do it like this).

files are: an ,obj file, a .proxy file (which is identical to an .mhclo file), a thumb file and sometimes an own weight-file (,mhw).
Elv did two proxies with me. They work rather fine. And they have genitals as well.

Hmm .. Facebook, no, but yes they are right, tits are usually more dangerous than weapons. At least for Facebook.

But hey, the server is hosted in Sweden, people in most countries usually have genitals.

At least I have. :lol:

Just a hint: do not expect highlights with the sliders for the male ;)
punkduck

Postby Rostropovich » Wed May 19, 2021 9:33 pm

Ah punkduck, your reply is epic. Thanks a lot for taking the time of creating such a piece of informative art.

I am used to work with computers since two decades, I really read many post here with that info and I already tried everything, the proxies are in the right folder, actually I tried to put them with and without folder (a folder with the name of the files as it says somewhere). I also sychronized in the app downloading the database, and then I selected from there the assets and I downloaded all of them and ... the same results ...

Should I uninstall the app? What am I doing wrong? Will my real penis disappear too?

Thanks!
Rostropovich

Postby MTKnife » Wed May 19, 2021 11:01 pm

Where are you looking for the proxies in the app?
MTKnife

Postby joepal » Thu May 20, 2021 5:30 am

It should work. Can you post screenshots of the folder layout and the directory contents? The relevant directories tree is MY DOCUMENTS\makehuman\v1py3\data\proxymeshes (or ~/Documents/makehuman/v1py3/data/proxymeshes)
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby Rostropovich » Fri May 21, 2021 7:14 pm

Got it!! By the way, the slider for male genitals are amaaaaazingly long. ;)
Rostropovich

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader