Clothes Request

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Clothes Request

Postby Elvaerwyn » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:35 pm

This conversation is quite confusing, and it takes more twists and turns than I can keep up with. If you wish for a skirt like that, editing an existing just means dropping waist in front?

In regards to what MT said, sometimes I make things like pleats by extruding etc, but mostly for natural clothes on a human body, I simply use traditional tailoring... pattern cutting technique, sewing, etc followed by cloth simulation.
Also I make pleats, ruffles, folds, w/e is called for in a design, historically lol!

Perhaps Derek if you do as you say have experience in blender you should try to edit an existing skirt, by simply dropping the front waist, or make own new skirt in this fashion?
Good luck moving forward,
Elv
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Postby DerekX » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:35 am

Yeah I was thinking I could edit one of punkduck's skirt models. With his permission of course...
DerekX

Postby MTKnife » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:00 am

DerekX wrote:Yeah I was thinking I could edit one of punkduck's skirt models. With his permission of course...

Check the license on any given item of clothing. Just about everything in the assets database will be either CC0 (do anything you want with it) or CCA (copy it all you like, but give attribution to the original author).
MTKnife

Previous

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader