body normalmaps

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

body normalmaps

Postby pitibonom » Sat May 11, 2019 2:25 pm

Hi :)

I'm struggling for getting male and female bodies normalmaps :(

Is there somewhere i can find some ?

maybe some MH users created some that they could share here .
This would be great !

thanks in advance :)
pitibonom

Re: body normalmaps

Postby loki1950 » Sat May 11, 2019 4:50 pm

There are several threads here on the forum that have normal maps for the body use the search function ;)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 18/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10
loki1950

Re: body normalmaps

Postby bogdan666 » Wed May 15, 2019 11:41 am

There is a "trick" for better mesh/texture appearance even without a normal map. Just create a MH Character (woman etc.), then adjust the target sliders (Modelling-->Custom panel): For example maximize "Armpit", "Foot_achilles_tendon", "Foot_malleolus_lateral", "Foot_malleolus_medial" and "Shoulder_shape" etc. (for a good base model mesh) Then in blender use the subsurf modifier and apply it before the armature and your character will end up with better looking feet/ankles, armpits and clavicle, but it comes at a price: ca. 135~ triangles. That shouldn't be a problem for a main character in a game engine (and even less of a problem in blender), if you have a good pc. It's a pretty good base for further work, then add a 4k texture to it and voila!

4k skin: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15545&start=80

As for the normal map I can't help, because I haven't found any decent/realistic ones so far.
But as far as I understand normal maps are based on a resculpted (subtraction sculpting?) high poly mesh, whose details are baked onto a lower resolution mesh in blender. I've done that once and it worked technically, but looked like sh..... :-)
bogdan666

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader