[SOLVED] ico file does not seem to work

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

Re: ico file does not seem to work

Postby Robitron » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:53 pm

Here is the zipped folder:
boxer_briefs_ii.zip
(154.2 KiB) Downloaded 533 times
Robitron

Postby Aranuvir » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:07 pm

Again, you need to RENAME boxer_briefs_ii.png to boxer_briefs_ii.thumb. On Windows make sure you see file extensions, otherwise you might end up with something like boxer_briefs_ii.png.thumb, which probably will create further problems. The boxer_briefs_ii.ico file is superfluous and from MakeHuman's point of view will be simply ignored...
Aranuvir

Postby Robitron » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:12 pm

That's the problem I'm stuck on. I can't figure out how to convert it to a thumb file.
Robitron

Postby Aranuvir » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:18 pm

:roll: The file is NOT converted, it is simply RENAMED. Internally it is still a file of type PNG. Please refer to the documentation of your operating system, how to rename a file...
Aranuvir

Postby Robitron » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:25 pm

I renamed it to boxer_briefs_ii.thumb and it's still listed as a PNG file. But it hasn't changed anything. When I clicked on a pair of socks I downloaded and it has a THUMB extension.

Are you using windows or Linux?
Robitron

Postby Aranuvir » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:38 pm

I'm on Linux, and as I said before make sure you see file extensions, otherwise you will end up with something like boxer_briefs_ii.png.thumb or boxer_briefs_ii.thumb.png...

That's my first result from Google: https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us ... in-Windows
Aranuvir

Postby Robitron » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:47 pm

Okay, here's a screenshot of a pair of socks I downloaded from the community:

socks files.PNG

Notice the THUMB extension. When you look at my files, I don't have a THUMB extension on any of my files. So that's why it looks like just renaming it won't work for windows, it has to actually be converted. Also notice that the thumb file doesn't have .thumb in the name.
Robitron

Postby Aranuvir » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:56 pm

Obviously you didn't check my link. I'm giving up at this point... Please use Google for "Howto change a file extension on Windows"!
Aranuvir

Postby Robitron » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:04 pm

I did look at it. I just thought it was simply showing what I already could see. I didn't look close enough at it. Now, I've got it so thanks! It actually is working just as you'd said. I'm sorry I didn't look at it sooner and assumed more than I knew.
Robitron

Re: [SOLVED] ico file does not seem to work

Postby RobBaer » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:42 am

Looking at your .zip, you did have a file with a .ico extension that was NOT in .png format. I opened it in GIMP and saved it as .png after deleting the irrelevant layers. Finally, as Aranuvir told you, I changed the .png extension to to .thumb.

I think the only .png in your .zip was the material texture, not the preview icon. I am attaching the converted .ico file for you to rename yourself because ironically the forum doesn't seem to accept the .thumb file extensions. At least now have fixed your OS so you can see extensions.

boxer_briefs_ii.png
thumbnail
boxer_briefs_ii.png (8.21 KiB) Viewed 7181 times
RobBaer

PreviousNext

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader