Making Targets?

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

Making Targets?

Postby CurlyBurns » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:30 pm

Is there any way to make a target for genitals even if the base mesh on MakeTarget does not include genitals?
CurlyBurns

Re: Making Targets?

Postby joepal » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:00 pm

You can use the new socket importer functionality to load a base mesh that includes genitals. See viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16684. After import, select the human body and click "use as base" in the maketarget panel. Then you should be at the same position as if you had loaded the mesh in maketarget.

I haven't tested making targets using this procedure yet, but everything works with makeclothes.

Another option would be importing base.obj directly into blender. It's just a wavefront file, and it's in data/3dobjs in the makehuman installation directory.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby CurlyBurns » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:52 am

joepal wrote:Another option would be importing base.obj directly into blender. It's just a wavefront file, and it's in data/3dobjs in the makehuman installation directory.

how would I go about this option? I'm fairly new using MakeTarget and MakeClothes a I just successfully got them to work lol thank you for your reply
CurlyBurns

Postby joepal » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:33 am

In blender go to file -> import -> wavefront obj, then browse to the makehuman installation directory -> data -> 3dobjs -> base.obj.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader