Distorted makeclothes mesh in makehuman

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

Distorted makeclothes mesh in makehuman

Postby MrHello » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:33 pm

Hello community, I have a little problem.
I try to create hair with makeclothes in blender, but when trying it in makehuman the mesh looks distorted.

making hair1.png

making hair2.png

I created the vertex groups as the tutorials say but still looks distorted.
What am I doing wrong?
MrHello

Re: Distorted makeclothes mesh in makehuman

Postby Elvaerwyn » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:36 am

Not sure what you have tried, and what you have not here, but have you by chance tried to make the item using the *hair vertex group by chance(this will not let the item move with body but will not allow it to distort with just the 3 vertexes used). Or make sure only the hair is chosen on the dummy target in makeclothes and choose create vertexes from selection using that as the only vertexes.
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Postby MargaretToigo » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:47 pm

You hair mesh may be too close to the ears, so MakeClothes is fitting it to the ears -- at least that's what it looks like.

Try pulling the vertices near the ears outward a little with proportional editing and running it through MakeClothes again. Sometimes even minor changes can affect the results dramatically.

As Elvaerwyn suggested, you get more control with vertex groups. There are two methods for this, documented here:

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... tex_groups

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... ng_a_sword
MargaretToigo

Postby wolgade » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:05 pm

This is definitely an ear issue. As ear shape or size doesn't influence the hair in real life this way, ears shouldn't be included in any human vertex group when it comes to creating mesh hair.
wolgade

Postby jujube » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:24 am

Random thoughts:
--pay attention to what human you're fitting it to if you aren't already, as fitting to the "base mesh" can have weird results
--using vertex groups to fit it to the hair helper
jujube

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader