Asset not saving as the right file

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

Asset not saving as the right file

Postby Acere3 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:26 am

I followed the tutorials and looked at troubleshooting sections on the FAQ (following them exactly) but the asset will still not show up in makehuman. The thumb file will only save as a png file and when I try to change it there is no other option (The one in the video had it as a thumb file) I was wondering if maybe that could do it? If not I am not sure what to do. I have the model made and all of the other files seem to be downloading correctly but it still is not showing up in the clothing screen (I saved it in its own folder in the clothing database as said in the video.) I was wondering if anyone would be able to help.
Acere3

Re: Asset not saving as the right file

Postby Aranuvir » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:18 am

An thumb file is simply a renamed png-file, with a recommended size of 128x128. And it MUST have the exact same name as the mhclo file! This is particularly important on operating systems that are case sensitive, like Unix based operating systems (Mac OS X, Linux).
Aranuvir

Postby RobBaer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:45 pm

So, for shirt99.mchlo save a 128 x 128 thumbnail image as shirt99.png and then rename it to shirt99.thumb. Keep it in the same folder as your shirt.
RobBaer

Postby Acere3 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:52 pm

Aranuvir wrote:An thumb file is simply a renamed png-file, with a recommended size of 128x128. And it MUST have the exact same name as the mhclo file! This is particularly important on operating systems that are case sensitive, like Unix based operating systems (Mac OS X, Linux).

So I did as you said but it still isn't showing up in makehuman. I am kind of stumped as to why
Acere3

Postby RobBaer » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:53 am

Can you open the thumb with an image program if you add the .png extension back to the end of the file name? This would eliminate a corrupt .thumb image.

Just to be certain, you do have your OS set so that it does NOT hide file extensions, don't you? Hiding extensions can sometimes cause filename confusion.

Is your asset showing up with a question mark for an icon when you try to load it or is it missing entirely?

Can you share the whole path to your .mchlo and .thumb files?
RobBaer

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader