Talking calmly

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

Talking calmly

Postby flute » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:03 pm

Among the expressions proposed by the authors of assets, there are several with the mouth half open, each time associated with a strong emotion (sadness, surprise, laughter, etc.), but there is not yet that corresponds someone talking calmly. Yet it would be very useful. What do you think about it ?
flute

Re: Talking calmly

Postby brkurt » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:56 pm

flute wrote:Among the expressions proposed by the authors of assets, there are several with the mouth half open, each time associated with a strong emotion (sadness, surprise, laughter, etc.), but there is not yet that corresponds someone talking calmly. Yet it would be very useful. What do you think about it ?

You have raised a good point. My question is: "do you need this expression for a still pose, or for an animation?" If you go by the Preston Blair viseme series, then 'mouth half open' is called 'etc'. Talking calmly means little movement of the zygomaticus or orbicularis muscles (grimaces and squints). :geek:

The standard viseme set should do the trick. :)
brkurt

Postby flute » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:32 pm

Hello and thank you for your responsiveness,
To answer you: I just need this expression for fixed poses. I am a beginner in makehuman and do not use Blender ; so I do not know the Preston Blair visem series (or even standard visemes), is it accessible in makehuman?
Otherwise, I would ask for the creation of this new asset, which would be very useful to me.
Thank you in advance for your response. Greetings friendly.
flute

Postby flute » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:28 pm

Finally I found the solution by exploring the possibilities of Makehuman : Pose / animation> Expressions = None. Then Utilities> Expression mixer, where you can get the desired expressions by moving the sliders. Finally, give a name to the expression obtained and save it. Here. Salutations to all.
flute

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader