Bracelet

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

Bracelet

Postby flute » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:39 pm

Among the jewelry offered by the authors of assets, there is no bracelet (except that of wonderwoman, which is quite particular). Too bad. Nobody would want to create one ?
flute

Re: Bracelet

Postby punkduck » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:39 pm

flute wrote:Among the jewelry offered by the authors of assets, there is no bracelet (except that of wonderwoman, which is quite particular). Too bad. Nobody would want to create one ?

It depends on the kind of bracelet. I just did a picture search in google, and there are hundreds of different types. :shock:

https://www.google.de/search?q=bracelets&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjV6by0kv7ZAhXiLcAKHRhwBEkQ_AUICygC&biw=2052&bih=1350&dpr=0.9

Sometimes I create assets for other people, but there are limits of course.
I normally mention it in the assets, when you read "was created by request".

I do it especially when I like to see my own characters using them. The idea itself is good. Just give me hint of the kind you prefer. If I like the design I can do a pair bracelets, maybe not identical but at least similar.
punkduck

Postby Freehunter » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:38 pm

Not to speak for flute, bracelets might be useful, just to mention a couple of general possibilities.

For men:

Stainless Steel Faceted Curb Chain Plain ID Bracelet
https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Steel-Faceted-Chain-Bracelet/dp/B00AE3W4D4/

For women (tennis bracelet, also called in-line or eternity. Also in necklace lengths. Gold or Silver. Diamonds or other stones.):

DolceGiavonna Round Cubic Zirconia Classic Tennis Bracelet
https://www.amazon.com/Dolce-Giavonna-Zirconia-Classic-Bracelet/dp/B073QZ7BVG/

These might also be for wristwatches. Do people still wear wrist watches? I use my phone or a pocket watch. :)
Freehunter

Postby o4saken » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:09 am

There is one wrist watch that i did here its very basic though:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13063&start=160
o4saken

Postby flute » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:48 pm

Thank you for your prompt response. As you must have seen, Elvaerwyn has just created two very pretty stiff bracelets, which I appreciate very much. To vary the models, which would be really good, it would be also to create a flexible bracelet made of a metal chain, and another model with pearls, if possible of different colors. Ideally to design each bracelet for the left or right arm, so that one can choose where to wear it.
I found one model for the chain, and another for the pearls (links below), but of course, all of this can be reinterpreted.
Anyway, thank you for your attention and your proposals.

https://www.linea-chic.fr/joaillerie-cbl-br-130.html

https://www.karma-yoga-shop.com/collections/bracelets/products/bracelet-energie-positive-pierres-des-7-chakras
flute

Postby punkduck » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:53 pm

flute wrote:Thank you for your prompt response. As you must have seen, Elvaerwyn has just created two very pretty stiff bracelets, which I appreciate very much. To vary the models, which would be really good, it would be also to create a flexible bracelet made of a metal chain, and another model with pearls, if possible of different colors. Ideally to design each bracelet for the left or right arm, so that one can choose where to wear it.
I found one model for the chain, and another for the pearls (links below), but of course, all of this can be reinterpreted.
Anyway, thank you for your attention and your proposals.

https://www.linea-chic.fr/joaillerie-cbl-br-130.html

https://www.karma-yoga-shop.com/collections/bracelets/products/bracelet-energie-positive-pierres-des-7-chakras

This first link does not work any longer (it says forbidden in my case) I guess we clicked too many times and nobody is buying one ... :lol:

Well but I saw it in the afternoon and it is still possible to "google" the picture. The problem with chains (and pearls also) is, they are not flexible when you pipe these things through MakeClothes, Elvaerwyns ring-formed bracelets are more or less the only type of bracelets which does behave in the right manner (well only if it is tight to be real, otherwise it hovers over the arm).

A chain bracelet is of course a good idea, but it is best when it behaves like a chain when you put it on your character. Are you using Blender afterwards? Only in this case it might be a good way to create a chain bracelet and also add a small tutorial how to use it like a real chain bracelet on your character, so it moves on the arm, hanging down simulating gravity etc.. (I must try that as an exercise for myself).

It is like my medieval dress. Without cloth simulation it looks weird if you pose your character.

So I will put that on my todo-list for the near future, I guess. Maybe a version which should fit to the crown I created.

In between you should use the bracelets of Elvaerwyn, because I'm still working on movie equipment for the scenes I started. By the way: when you play around with the materials in Blender (e.g. reduce roughness of glossy shader in cycles) they look quite cool.

Greetings from Nürnberg to France ...
punkduck

Postby flute » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:21 pm

Thank you for your kind answer. No, I do not use Blender, only MakeHuman. I make not very realistic comics, so for me it is not important if the bracelets do not really stick to the arms, but I understand your concern for accuracy. Elvaerwyn has just created a bracelet with pearls that suits me perfectly, but when you have time, I remain of course very interested in what you propose. Greetings from Menton!
flute

Postby flute » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:24 pm

o4saken wrote:There is one wrist watch that i did here its very basic though:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13063&start=160

49/5000
Thank you for this watch, which will be very useful.
flute

Postby punkduck » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:51 pm

flute wrote:Thank you for your kind answer. No, I do not use Blender, only MakeHuman. I make not very realistic comics, so for me it is not important if the bracelets do not really stick to the arms, but I understand your concern for accuracy. Elvaerwyn has just created a bracelet with pearls that suits me perfectly, but when you have time, I remain of course very interested in what you propose. Greetings from Menton!

I added a bracelet also, because I was interrested if I got the physics in Blender to work like in reality. As you can see, I was successful ;)
For the design: it was rather simple, you are able to find bracelets with hearts and "infinity" symbols used. I simply combined these ...

Menton ... directly located at Mediterranean Sea ... I'm jealous, we've still sub-zero temperatures at night here and wear clothes for winter ... :shock:
punkduck

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader