Group, paired dance bvh

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

Group, paired dance bvh

Postby harinlee02 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:21 pm

Hi there!

I'm currently working on a project to make clips of avatars dancing in different movements but in time with another.

To do this, I need bvh dance files that is designed for 2 or more pairs, and I'm really struggling to find them.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated! It doesn't matter if it isn't free.

harinlee02

Re: Group, paired dance bvh

Postby loki1950 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:15 pm

Please do not double post it is considered bad manners and on most forums leads to your post being deleted and ignored by the community others just ban you.You will have a hard time finding two person bvh files because applying them in any animation software requires some way of targeting the existing rigs as how do you determine which element goes to which character there is no specification in the bvh format that allows this.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby jorgeo » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:05 am

What kind of dancing are you doing?

I can verify it's really difficult :D When I do this the motion capture files are exported (in a partner dance with two characters) into two separate bvh files. Then, for example, you can import into blender both files and try to coordinate their origins and rotations (relative to each other and to the scene).

You can see a sample of the end result (after much cleanup) here:
https://youtu.be/4KfNt6XSna0
jorgeo

Postby jcpalmer » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:42 pm

Well, my Kinect sensor integration project stalled at actually turning the data into actions. The capture / DLL integration part was the easy part. I have a buffer of JSON parsed bone matrices for up to 5 bodies sitting in Blender. Applying that data such it does not just destroy the mesh is another matter. Maybe I'll ask on Blender stack exchange.

If it work, other than getting a Kinect & a partner, you would only need to know how to dance. Once the data is in the buffer, you can apply it, even across .blend files separately. If you assign the wrong part to the first mesh, just undo it, then assign the other.
jcpalmer

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader