Make Clothes not exporting texture to MH

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

Make Clothes not exporting texture to MH

Postby Joshea » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:06 am

Attached are two pics. The blue jean skirt was made with Make Clothes in Blender. After Make Clothes sends it to MH, the skirt appears with no blue jean (or any) texture. I've tried it in both cycles render and blender render. Any thoughts?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 9.58.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 9.57.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 9.57.48 PM.png (96.1 KiB) Viewed 8709 times
Joshea

Re: Make Clothes not exporting texture to MH

Postby MargaretToigo » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:19 pm

You can import humans into Blender Cycles, but MakeClothes only works in Blender Render. You will almost always have to adjust the material/texture settings after importing humans into Blender, regardless of which render engine you're using.

Now, I'm not sure if this is will solve your problem, but more often than not it's simply that MakeClothes didn't find the texture file. Usually, MakeClothes reports this with a pop-up window.

In Blender, go to File -> External Data -> "Make All Paths Absolute" before running MakeClothes to ensure that MakeClothes can find all of your texture files.

If you're not getting that error report from MakeClothes, then you may not be placing the texture files into the correct folders where MakeHuman can find them.

The .mhclo, .obj, .mhmat, .thumb and all texture files need to be in the same folder so MakeHuman can find them.
MargaretToigo

Postby MargaretToigo » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:38 pm

Another reason why a texture would appear gray like that is the specularity is turned way up or the softness is set very low and the texture is there but it's so shiny that it can't be seen. Check your specularity settings.
MargaretToigo

Postby Joshea » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:22 pm

MargaretToigo wrote:You can import humans into Blender Cycles, but MakeClothes only works in Blender Render. You will almost always have to adjust the material/texture settings after importing humans into Blender, regardless of which render engine you're using.

Now, I'm not sure if this is will solve your problem, but more often than not it's simply that MakeClothes didn't find the texture file. Usually, MakeClothes reports this with a pop-up window.

In Blender, go to File -> External Data -> "Make All Paths Absolute" before running MakeClothes to ensure that MakeClothes can find all of your texture files.

If you're not getting that error report from MakeClothes, then you may not be placing the texture files into the correct folders where MakeHuman can find them.

The .mhclo, .obj, .mhmat, .thumb and all texture files need to be in the same folder so MakeHuman can find them.

Thanks for the reply,
The thumb and texture file do not appear with .mhclo, .obj and .mhmat files. Will search around and see if they've gone into some other folder, and on next asset use "make all paths absolute".
Joshea

Postby Aranuvir » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:52 pm

Could be a bug of MC, I'm not sure about it. Try make all pahts absolute (File/External Data/ ...), otherwise you need to copy the files by hand. Thumbnails need to be crated separately, they are renamed 128pix png-files.
Aranuvir

Postby Joshea » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:32 am

Got it, thanks.
I used Blender Render and "make all parts absolute", and it worked.
Here is the blue jean skirt back in MH.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 7.51.41 PM.png
Joshea

Postby dingsboms » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:32 pm

Make sure you press "Save as.." on the image your working on in blender in Texture Paint. Took me hours to realize, hope it helps someone else!
dingsboms

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader