MakeHuman not recognizing MHMAT files?

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

MakeHuman not recognizing MHMAT files?

Postby literalmind » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:19 am

I'm new to MH, and the other day I downloaded a bunch of assets via the community plugin from inside MH. Several of them were missing textures, just showing up as white, and after investigation I discovered it was because there was no .mhmat file. After lots of trial and error, I finally managed to put the .mhmat info for one asset (Superman T-shirt) into a text file and save it as the proper extension. I put it in the correct folder, I'm quite sure (A:\MakeHuman\makehuman-1.1.1-win32\documents\v1\data\clothes\Superman_Tshirt) but MH is still refusing to acknowledge that the .mhmat file exists.

I've checked the .mhclo to make sure the referent line is correct, which it is. The names match. The MHMAT is in the same folder as the MHCLO, textures, etc. I can see the MHMAT in my file explorer, but not when I pull up the file directory via MH Asset Editor. What am I doing wrong?!

Thanks in advance!
literalmind

Re: MakeHuman not recognizing MHMAT files?

Postby RobBaer » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:35 am

literalmind wrote:I'm new to MH, and the other day I downloaded a bunch of assets via the community plugin from inside MH. Several of them were missing textures, just showing up as white, and after investigation I discovered it was because there was no .mhmat file. After lots of trial and error, I finally managed to put the .mhmat info for one asset (Superman T-shirt) into a text file and save it as the proper extension. I put it in the correct folder, I'm quite sure (A:\MakeHuman\makehuman-1.1.1-win32\documents\v1\data\clothes\Superman_Tshirt) but MH is still refusing to acknowledge that the .mhmat file exists.

I've checked the .mhclo to make sure the referent line is correct, which it is. The names match. The MHMAT is in the same folder as the MHCLO, textures, etc. I can see the MHMAT in my file explorer, but not when I pull up the file directory via MH Asset Editor. What am I doing wrong?!

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure why things did not work when you first downloaded with the community plug-in, but it is likely a "find the right folder" problem. A:\MakeHuman\makehuman-1.1.1-win32\documents\v1\data\clothes\Superman_Tshirt sounds wrong if you are using a standard build. Are you you using some other non-standard version like a portable app that could be messing things up? If so, maybe more details of your setup. What doe s the .mhmat say in the // Textures and properties section?
RobBaer

Re: MakeHuman not recognizing MHMAT files?

Postby literalmind » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:31 pm

RobBaer wrote:
literalmind wrote:I'm new to MH, and the other day I downloaded a bunch of assets via the community plugin from inside MH. Several of them were missing textures, just showing up as white, and after investigation I discovered it was because there was no .mhmat file. After lots of trial and error, I finally managed to put the .mhmat info for one asset (Superman T-shirt) into a text file and save it as the proper extension. I put it in the correct folder, I'm quite sure (A:\MakeHuman\makehuman-1.1.1-win32\documents\v1\data\clothes\Superman_Tshirt) but MH is still refusing to acknowledge that the .mhmat file exists.

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure why things did not work when you first downloaded with the community plug-in, but it is likely a "find the right folder" problem. A:\MakeHuman\makehuman-1.1.1-win32\documents\v1\data\clothes\Superman_Tshirt sounds wrong if you are using a standard build. Are you you using some other non-standard version like a portable app that could be messing things up? If so, maybe more details of your setup. What doe s the .mhmat say in the // Textures and properties section?

I moved MH to my A: because my C: is my SSD that I try to reserve for games, and it's almost full. The plugin got everything else just fine, just not the .mhmat, which is weird. I don't know what a portable app is...I downloaded MH directly from the MH website.

As for the textures and properties, it says:

// Textures and properties
diffuseTexture shirt.png
normalmapTexture shirtnormal.png
aomapTexture shirtAO.png

And I have all the textures, and they're in the same directory as the .mhmat and .mhclo.
literalmind

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader