Pose request: run and walk cycles

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

Pose request: run and walk cycles

Postby joepal » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:56 pm

If someone could do pose files with run and walk cycles (one pose file per position in the cycle), it'd then be possible to sync these poses via the sync plugin in blender once you've imported a character there. That way it'd be possible to get run/walk animations without a full mocap file.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Re: Pose request: run and walk cycles

Postby jcpalmer » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:11 pm

Speaking of the Blender sync plugin, I have made many changes to it, to be updated soon. The biggest change is it can now convert the Default skeleton to one for the XBox One's Kinect 2 sensor. I am now trying to get David Bawel, a Hollywood pioneer in motion capture, to test it out for me. Picture has changed, but will look something like this:
community tab.JPG

I am proposing putting Kinect2 support inside of BabylonJS frame work. Here is proposal topic, if interested.

With Kinect2 sensors breaking the $80 mark, trying to get some old mocap off the net to work right, is starting to look stupid. For people who wish to capture right in Blender, hint: The Kinect2 SDK communicates via socket, just like the sync plugin communicates between Blender & MH. It only works on Windows, but hey XBox is a Microsoft product.

Also, I did a double check of the format skeleton files in MH, I found chopping up the default skeleton is how it is done in MH too.
jcpalmer

Postby RobBaer » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:22 am

This looks interesting indeed. I have Kinect 2 that I got to just play with, but alas there is never enough time! This may make it enticing enough for me to MAKE time.

Keep us posted!
RobBaer

Postby CallHarvey3d » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:35 pm

MH poses support multiple frames. i never tested it but does that not allow for animation? the kinect does look interesting. i used to do extensive motion capture with a gyroscopic system and motionbuilder but have been out of it for years considering getting a kinect for an upcoming project. interested to see how this goes
CallHarvey3d

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader