mhclo binding to main folder/data...

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

mhclo binding to main folder/data...

Postby Marco_105 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:23 pm

Is it possible to bind a texture in mhclo to the main folder /data /whatever material ?
Marco_105

Re: mhclo binding to main folder/data...

Postby MTKnife » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:41 am

I'm not sure I understand the question. MHMAT files can be either in the clothing item's main directory or a "materials" subdirectory: both work equally well. However, all texture files used by an MHMAT must be in the same directory as the as the MHMAT file, though I suppose a relative directory reference might work. If two MHMAT's will share some texture files, it's easiest to put both of them in the same directory.
MTKnife

Postby jujube » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:21 am

Do you mean, how to make materials use the textures that come with makehuman?
I tried doing that before, making a litsphere material for an mhclo in the material editor, but it wouldn't display properly. But if there was a way to do it, it would be useful for making body extensions.
jujube

Postby Marco_105 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:51 pm

I mean have the material in .mhclo in the same folders as main application. For materail and mesh I did by myself !
Marco_105

Postby punkduck » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:45 pm

MTKnife wrote:I'm not sure I understand the question. MHMAT files can be either in the clothing item's main directory or a "materials" subdirectory: both work equally well. However, all texture files used by an MHMAT must be in the same directory as the as the MHMAT file, though I suppose a relative directory reference might work. If two MHMAT's will share some texture files, it's easiest to put both of them in the same directory.

Relative pathes are okay. E.g the standard skins use a relative path (../textures/young_lightskinned_female_diffuse3.png).

If you load my long and short jeans from the assets, you can use the same textures (I'm doing it to save a few bytes of diskspace ... :mrgreen: ) using a relative path.

For the .mhclo files: The shaders are referenced with data/litspheres/lit_standard_skin.png, maybe you write data/clothes/<name>/<name>.mhclo to reach the standard. I didn' t try it, but MH looks into the own and the user directory. When you put something in the MH directories make sure that the .npz or .mhpxy files can be overwritten by MakeHuman, because this is always done, when you change the .mhclo file.
punkduck

Postby MTKnife » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:38 am

Marco_105 wrote:I mean have the material in .mhclo in the same folders as main application. For materail and mesh I did by myself !

Yes, it works, though it can be a pain if you do a reinstall. I can actually think of one thing, alternate materials for the base hairstyles, that, AFAIK, will only work if placed in the main application's data directory.
MTKnife

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader