Using a pose from Blender in MH

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

Using a pose from Blender in MH

Postby Taholmes160 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:03 am

Hi Folks

If I create a pose in blender that I am likely to want again, how do I get it to show up in MakeHuman?

Thanks
Tim
Taholmes160

Re: Using a pose from Blender in MH

Postby blindsaypatten » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:46 am

Export it as a .bvh file. Make sure to make it a single frame .bvh rather than the default 250 frames. Export it to, or copy the export to, the poses directory, for example
C:\Users\Lindsay\Documents\makehuman\v1\data\poses
blindsaypatten

Postby joepal » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:48 am

Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby Marco_105 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:12 am

For frame in your BL Render tab >1 frame.
Marco_105

Postby jcpalmer » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:36 pm

If this only for yourself & any future exports of characters are to Blender, then creating a pose library in the source .blend might be an option. You could then append the pose library to a different .blend & assign it to another skeleton.

It is a little tricky using Append with pose libraries. Pose libraries are just a specific kind of Action, so the pose library will be listed in the Action "Folder".

That said, it might not give the exact same result, especially with face bones. While the all the same bones are in all exports of the same skeleton, they are custom positioned for each human. I am not sure if the .bvh route avoids this either.

One area I use this is for finger poses. I have a .blend, with the default skeleton & finger IK bones added from the community plug-in. I never modify ANYTHING having to do with fingers in MH. If I also add finger IK bones to another skeleton, all the poses work. Even in toddlers (source is adult).

FYI, I further convert the poses to shapekeys later, so can be exported to a skeleton poor environment, WebGL. They work well as long you do not slow things down too much, see.
jcpalmer

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader