Hairstyle Request

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

---

Postby DredNicolson » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:14 am

So a "trendsetter on a budget", essentially?

Should it be strand/particle hair, poly hair with realistic hair texture, or poly hair that's anime/toon shaded?
DredNicolson

Re: Hairstyle Request

Postby brkurt » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:14 am

SonAmyFan362 wrote:Hi. I'm wondering if I can request a hairstyle for a character I want to create. The character is a female, 13 years of age, and has red-pink hair, and she has an antagonistic role towards one of the good characters. Another thing to note: She is the most popular at her school, though she isn't rich. In fact, her family is just able to make ends meet. I hope this is descriptive enough. I'm requesting the hairstyle, so I can create the character model for a comic Contest on DeviantART. I will give credit to the person whose version of the hairstyle I choose.

Thanks in advance.

I'm getting an 80's-style 'big hair' with lots of strange colors in it. :)

Can you tell us what your workflow is? Many here like particular hair, but that tends to be a one-way ticket, design wise.
I would suggest a polygon model hairstyle first, then you can texture map it later.

I'll be glad to do one for you, but it would help if you could send a link to a photo.
brkurt

Re: ---

Postby brkurt » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:54 pm

SonAmyFan362 wrote:
DredNicolson wrote:So a "trendsetter on a budget", essentially?

Should it be strand/particle hair, poly hair with realistic hair texture, or poly hair that's anime/toon shaded?

Is the poly hair something that animates with physics? Like, reacts to the wind, and suchlike?

Yes. A polygon hair model can be considered a specialized Soft Body. I haven't used the newest physics features of Blender yet--and I don't know if you are even using Blender--so I would go with SoftBody, as other programs have similar algorithms.
brkurt

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader