Texture Not Found

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

Texture Not Found

Postby Taholmes160 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:46 pm

Hi folks,

I suspect that I am being quite thick here, but for some reason, I am not able to apply textures in make clothes. I open up the piece of clothes that I am modifying using test clothes, add a material, and assign it and leave it selected, (that shows the uv map already unwrapped) then go create a new texture, select my texture file, make sure the uv map is named, as well as make sure the texture is mapped to the uv map, slect the name of the texture in the uv map viewr, and it shows up on the uv map, select shading in the n menue and select the texture shading so that I cna see it on the piece of clothes in the 3d window (object view) then select both and hit make clotes, I keep getting an error in make clothes that the texture is not found, and when i view it in make human I get the not found colors/texture. What am I doing wrong

Thanks
TIM
Taholmes160

Re: Texture Not Found

Postby blindsaypatten » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:39 pm

The first thing to do is to open the .mhmat file in a text editor and see what file/path it gives for diffuseTexture. Most likely it has an incorrect path.
You can also use the material editor under the utilities tab. If you don't see it there you have to go to Settings and enable it.
blindsaypatten

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader