Modifying permade clothes

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

Modifying permade clothes

Postby Taholmes160 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:43 pm

Hi all

How do I go about putting pre made clothes (like those downloaded from the user contribution area) onto the base human so that I can modify them?

Thanks

Tim
Taholmes160

Re: Modifying permade clothes

Postby wolgade » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:28 pm

That's simple:
1. Select the human you want it to fit to. For clothes fitted to the helpers you have to select a human with helpers.
2. Load this human.
1.jpg

3. Click "Test Clothes".
2.jpg

4. Choose the asset.
3.jpg

5. That's it. I put the swimsuit on another layer to make it visible. Otherwise it would have been covered by the human helpers.
4.jpg
wolgade

Postby Taholmes160 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:13 pm

Thank you !!!

Tim
Taholmes160

Postby Taholmes160 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:23 pm

A follow upquestiom, at what stage of the make clothes process are they. I loaded the crude loose pants asset, tried to turn them blue, the process ran right, but they are still white. When i load them in mh

Any ideas?

Tim
Taholmes160

Postby joepal » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:46 pm

Check if the MHMAT file (probably "crude_loose_pants.mhmat" or something like that) has been updated. This is a plain text file which you can edit manually if you want to tweak the settings.

Also, the crude loose pants has a diffuse texture which is a white png image. It won't do to just change the diffuse color of the material in blender, as that would be replaced with the image texture anyway. You might want to remove the "diffuseTexture crudeloosepants.png" (or something like that) from the .mhmat file if you don't want to have an image texture.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby Taholmes160 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:23 pm

Hi again. Im sorry for all the questions. When i try to use a photo (jpg) texture, i keep getting a file not found error on the texture. I have it in the output folder, its original location, and the folder with the blend file. Where should it be?

Tim
Taholmes160

Postby blindsaypatten » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:50 pm

The .mhmat file for the item specifies what image to load, if it doesn't include a path then it should be in the directory with the .mhmat file. .mhmat files are plain text files.
blindsaypatten

Postby RobBaer » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:10 am

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/FAQ:Where_are_my_MakeHuman_files_found_(where_is_my_HOME_directory)%3F
To learn where folders typically are on different Oses

Edit:Clean up the url the %3F was missing ;) Loki
RobBaer

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader