Making a ninja, can someone help out please?!

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Making a ninja, can someone help out please?!

Postby jujube » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:41 pm

Your ninja outfit is quite good, especially for someone brand new to blender!
jujube

Postby Scynine » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:43 pm

jujube wrote:Your ninja outfit is quite good, especially for someone brand new to blender!

Thank you v much kind sir! I've made some more adjustments, now working on more parts! Will update soon again, appreciate the feedback :D
Scynine

Postby Scynine » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:37 am

Updated version :) What should i change/ add?
Attachments
Character_clothes.png
Scynine

Postby grinsegold » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:49 am

Nice learning curve. Go on like that. And add what you like. It's your own universe in blender. How about lighten up the texture a bit? Did you use pitch black? Try using a very dark grey instead, so you give MH the chance to show textures. As a rule of thumb, try avoiding extremes like pure white or pitch black. That is very rare in real world.
grinsegold

Postby Scynine » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:55 pm

grinsegold wrote:Nice learning curve. Go on like that. And add what you like. It's your own universe in blender. How about lighten up the texture a bit? Did you use pitch black? Try using a very dark grey instead, so you give MH the chance to show textures. As a rule of thumb, try avoiding extremes like pure white or pitch black. That is very rare in real world.

Thank you very much! I'm trying to learn how to add cylinder objects to create things such as belt(rope), necklace etc
Not had much time to work on it today but this is what i managed to do:
Attachments
character.png
Scynine

Postby grinsegold » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:35 am

Scynine wrote:Thank you very much! I'm trying to learn how to add cylinder objects to create things such as belt(rope), necklace etc
Not had much time to work on it today but this is what i managed to do:

I tend to forget things i don't need regularely, so i made some little knowledge storage clips. One of them deals with creating ropes in blender. Maybe it helps...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlkGOnLywvs
grinsegold

Postby Scynine » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:47 am

Had to remake everything due to clothing being bugged, the bug was due to animation - character's body was constantly sticking through the clothing. So here is an updated version! Also I've not had much time recently to work on it.
Attachments
Character_clothes.png
Scynine

Postby blindsaypatten » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:09 am

If you aren't already aware, there is a method to hide all the body faces that are covered by the clothing so that they never poke through the clothing when animated or posed.
blindsaypatten

Postby Scynine » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:09 pm

blindsaypatten wrote:If you aren't already aware, there is a method to hide all the body faces that are covered by the clothing so that they never poke through the clothing when animated or posed.

And how do i do that kind sir? Would you be able to explain?
Scynine

Postby blindsaypatten » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:43 pm

Scynine wrote:
blindsaypatten wrote:If you aren't already aware, there is a method to hide all the body faces that are covered by the clothing so that they never poke through the clothing when animated or posed.

And how do i do that kind sir? Would you be able to explain?

I have never done it, which is why I didn't include instructions, but it is covered in the Simple Dress tutorial: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... mple_dress
I think it is just a matter of putting vertices into the Delete vertex group in MakeClothes, and any faces that include those vertices won't be included in the mesh. In the case of the Ninja almost everything would be in there!

In MakeHuman in the upper left corner of the Clothes subtab under Geometries there is a Hide Faces Under Clothes option, I think it is on by default but if you put an outfit on a character and then mouse over that label the clothes will become transparent and you can see how much of the underlying body has been "deleted". Btw, those faces are actually deleted in the exported mesh, if you remove the clothing in Blender they won't be there.
blindsaypatten

PreviousNext

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader