Intersex Proxy / Skin [NSFW - Nudity]

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Intersex Proxy / Skin

Postby jujube » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:12 pm

I guess the point behind my post was, we can't help you if we don't know what you want us to help you with.

If you want someone to make something for you, they have to know what it is you want them to create. Just like how if you asked for a pair of pants, we'd need to know what kind of pants, "intersex" and "hermaphrodite" are broad terms and we need to know which one you want.

If started the journey towards making a 2d or 3d image of your own, people would be happy to help you, as long as you make concrete steps towards it. If you drew up a picture of your ideal genitals, someone might even get inspired and model it for you, if you're lucky! But right now, if the implication is that you wish someone would make a 3d model for you, you'd basically be asking someone to do all the creative design work in addition to the work of making it exist in 3d space.

(And back to the issue of clingy cloth: cloth that clings realistically to male genitals is something we don't have that would be probably be useful. But if you've seen cloth clinging to a vulva... I'm pretty sure you either need to have very thin cloth, where you're putting people in lingerie on your cover, or if under everyday clothing, you'd need to get seriously deep in there to create camel toe. This is why we can't help you get what you want if we don't know what kind of non-standard genitalia you want, of which there are many. )

And one last thing: I don't think every novel starring humanoids even needs to have pictures of humanoids on it! Lots of books have abstract covers and there's nothing wrong with that. No reason to pity yourself for not being able to draw, if your talent is writing.
jujube

Postby Antiqua_Sphinge » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:08 pm

jujube wrote:I guess the point behind my post was, we can't help you if we don't know what you want us to help you with.

If you want someone to make something for you, they have to know what it is you want them to create. Just like how if you asked for a pair of pants, we'd need to know what kind of pants, "intersex" and "hermaphrodite" are broad terms and we need to know which one you want.

If started the journey towards making a 2d or 3d image of your own, people would be happy to help you, as long as you make concrete steps towards it. If you drew up a picture of your ideal genitals, someone might even get inspired and model it for you, if you're lucky! But right now, if the implication is that you wish someone would make a 3d model for you, you'd basically be asking someone to do all the creative design work in addition to the work of making it exist in 3d space.

(And back to the issue of clingy cloth: cloth that clings realistically to male genitals is something we don't have that would be probably be useful. But if you've seen cloth clinging to a vulva... I'm pretty sure you either need to have very thin cloth, where you're putting people in lingerie on your cover, or if under everyday clothing, you'd need to get seriously deep in there to create camel toe. This is why we can't help you get what you want if we don't know what kind of non-standard genitalia you want, of which there are many. )

And one last thing: I don't think every novel starring humanoids even needs to have pictures of humanoids on it! Lots of books have abstract covers and there's nothing wrong with that. No reason to pity yourself for not being able to draw, if your talent is writing.

Your clarification helps. As for drawing, the only drawing I've done in decades is a quick rough for an actual dagger or sword I've worked on to determine what someone wanted. Art of a sort, just a very different venue. I can craft decent furniture as well.

I did manage a rough mockup of what I'm trying to do done in MH by combining the male genitalia topology with a full female as well as the vulva sliders. Crude but only semi-effective. The computer that can handle Blender won't be back for at least and month, then there's the issue of my skill level with Blender that isn't.

I can upload the image I was able to render (at glacial speed), though it's Not Suitable For Work and I don't want to offend anyone. If you care to see it, tell me, and I'll upload the nude.

The issue I'm having is getting rid of the scrotum, which would be require proxy / topology work. I'm trying for vulva, penis, internal or non-visible testicles. Figuring out how to get the penis upright and flat against the body in order to go under clothing would be my next hurdle.

I've seen abstract covers, and creating one of those would be even further from my skillset. I've got five books to finish in this series, so five abstracts would be a headache for me.

I don't pity myself for an inability, I just get very frustrated with myself. I also grasp how long creative processes can take. I want to learn how to do as much as I possibly can, but at present I can't take a week or three off to learn the software. It was hard enough just getting a day to have a colonoscopy done.

Writing is one of my talents, and my offer to send a free ecopy of my last release stands -- send me a PM with an email address and it's done whether I get help or not.

Edit: 19:11 CDT
I also have done some tinkering on the other models I would want to utilize. I may not be an artist but a certain level of psychology went into my work with the images.

Subani
SubaniFemTestX3a.png

Sublabe
SubLabeFemTestX2a.png
Antiqua_Sphinge

Postby jujube » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:15 pm

Ok since this is an interesting subject, I decided to have a go at modeling it and attached a blend file. (It took... it looks like an hour for me to do this?) I might upload something to the user contributed assets, too.

I wrote some stuff while I was making it that may be useful as a reference:

useful shortcuts for newbs:
shift + right click = select more than one item
alt + right click = select edge loop
shift + alt + right click = select more edge loops
Z = toggle wireframe view
E = extrude
S = scale
ctrl+L = select linked vertices
numpad 5 = toggle perspective/ortho mode
numpad 1, 3, or 7 = shift to front/side/back view, respectively
numpad 9 = reverse the direction you're looking at (eg top -> bottom)
there's a lot more but these are some of the basics I think...

not a hotkey but useful:
in edit mode, at the bottom, click the button directly to the left of the horseshoe magnet. Pop-up menu lets you enable "proportional editing", which automatically adjusts the position of adjacent vertices.

Things I did:
Loaded "average female with helpers" in makeclothes
Downloaded MTKnife's Adult female genitalia remapped
made a copy of the .proxy file with ending changed to .mhchlo
Loaded into makeclothes via "test clothes"
extending the clitoris in edit mode by:
found the two points on the tip of the clitoral glans and deleted them
select the verts/edges on the circular loop, there should be 10
extrude them downards (E, then right click, then drag using the manipulator axes)
I don't even know if it was important to extrude but oh well

get rid of everything in the purple penis helper except the shaft

the penis helper loops have 8 verts, so add a lengthwise edge loop via "loop cut and slide" (in edit mode -> left sidebar -> tools tab -> mesh tools. or just by hitting space and then typing the name)
Now the circumference loops have 10 verts.

in object mode: right click one object, then shift+right click the other, then space bar -> type "join".

in edit mode again:
rotate the penis into place
select the edge loop on the base of the penis, then shift select the clitoris edge loop, then spacebar -> "bridge edge loops"
Attachments
bits.blend
(12.42 MiB) Downloaded 580 times
jujube

Postby Antiqua_Sphinge » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:43 pm

jujube wrote:Ok since this is an interesting subject, I decided to have a go at modeling it and attached a blend file. (It took... it looks like an hour for me to do this?) I might upload something to the user contributed assets, too."

Ah, about now I'm exhausted -- just got back from a three hour social interaction. The hour drive each way was normal apart from the usual cast of reckless steering wheel holder on the roads. It's interesting watching the expression on a young adult's face when you gently let them know the person they think of as simply a young child is actually someone who despite the apparent lack of years is a highly intelligent entity who was also studying human interactions / reactions.

At any rate, I copied the pointers to a doc for later use if I can get up to speed on the other aspects of Blender.

If you like sci-fi, the offer of a free e-copy stands. You might like some of my life forms.

And now I need to slow my heart and lower my blood pressure a bit. Time for a shot of wodka.
Antiqua_Sphinge

Postby Antiqua_Sphinge » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:18 pm

I'm looking forward to getting my newer desktop back.
Antiqua_Sphinge

Postby jujube » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:25 am

Oh, right, your computer might be too slow to comfortably view the file. So here are some screenshots from the blend:

...wait, are we allowed to put images of genitalia in here? I'll do it in wireframe, it feels more scientific and less explicit.

Ok to be extra safe I'l post via imgur too. It.. feels weird to break forum precedent, I guess?

http://imgur.com/a/QFP1r
http://imgur.com/a/AMADx
jujube

Postby Antiqua_Sphinge » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:56 am

jujube wrote:Oh, right, your computer might be too slow to comfortably view the file. So here are some screenshots from the blend:

...wait, are we allowed to put images of genitalia in here? I'll do it in wireframe, it feels more scientific and less explicit.

Ok to be extra safe I'l post via imgur too. It.. feels weird to break forum precedent, I guess?

http://imgur.com/a/QFP1r
http://imgur.com/a/AMADx

The desktop I'm currently using (till I get the good one back) barely missed having a diskette drive -- the spare-parts box has a diskette drive. It will open the file in Blender, but is about worthless at doing much of anything that requires a lot of RAM.

I've seen a couple posts that had a nudity warning, but unless joepal says post it with a nudity warning I'll abstain.

Then again my cheesy method of putting a stem on a female might be of some slight interest. I just put schtuff together in MH kind of like using scavenged materials to make a sword blade.

The wireframes are interesting, and I have no clue how you got the banana pointed upward.
Antiqua_Sphinge

Postby jujube » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:54 am

Reverse the curvature by hitting S then z or y then -1. (Negative scale flips the mesh) Optionally, with the "banana" selected, flip the normals, or else the shading will be weird. Then rotate to your liking, then bridge the edge loops to connect to the body in the same way as if it wasn't flipped.

(Another way to flip things is with the mirror modifier, but then you have to apply it and delete the original. There are a lot of ways to do things in blender. )

Proportion editing is also useful. While activated, when you move a vertex, it will also move adjacent unselected vertices. I believe the scroll wheel controls ls the radius of influence. (You learn these things by muscle memory)
With this plus "smooth vertex" and rotation, you can also manually slowly change the curvature of a mesh.

But connecting vertices, creating new faces, seems to be a more advanced skill than simply moving them.

The big three:
S to "scale", R to "rotate', G to "grab" (move)
jujube

Postby Antiqua_Sphinge » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:02 am

jujube wrote:Reverse the curvature by hitting S then z or y then -1. (Negative scale flips the mesh) Optionally, with the "banana" selected, flip the normals, or else the shading will be weird. Then rotate to your liking, then bridge the edge loops to connect to the body in the same way as if it wasn't flipped.

(Another way to flip things is with the mirror modifier, but then you have to apply it and delete the original. There are a lot of ways to do things in blender. )

Proportion editing is also useful. While activated, when you move a vertex, it will also move adjacent unselected vertices. I believe the scroll wheel controls ls the radius of influence. (You learn these things by muscle memory)
With this plus "smooth vertex" and rotation, you can also manually slowly change the curvature of a mesh.

But connecting vertices, creating new faces, seems to be a more advanced skill than simply moving them.

The big three:
S to "scale", R to "rotate', G to "grab" (move)

I copied the instruction to my "bits" doc.

I'm afraid my little effort in MH is nothing that sophisticated.
Antiqua_Sphinge

Re: Intersex Proxy / Skin [NSFW - Nudity]

Postby Antiqua_Sphinge » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:59 pm

After going through some FAQs, I think my cheesy little effort at creating an intersex cover element won't have too many people out for my head.

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... ussions%3F

Then again, I do make and upgrade daggers and swords as art of sorts. The handles in this image are zebra-wood pegged with oak. Arthritis is the primary reason the handles don't look better. Since Texas is removing the prohibition on open-carry of swords and daggers as of 1 September, I might have a revenue source opening up soon, though that's a different topic.
Handles.jpg

As for my cheesy effort, full female with male genitalia topology / proxy as well as the sliders or modifiers for the vulva. Just can't lose the external testicles and I have neither the expertise nor the computer (at present) to get the model ready for clothing. Believe it or not, getting clothes on one of these models is almost as difficult as getting pants on my fourteen-month-old.
SubaniInterTestX2.png

But at least I have made an effort at creating the image of a fictional character from a universe quite a bit harsher than this one.
Antiqua_Sphinge

PreviousNext

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader