New Movie Wonder Woman anyone??

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

New Movie Wonder Woman anyone??

Postby badwolf » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:21 pm

So does anybody want to do a set of assets to duplicate Wonder Woman from the new movie??
badwolf

Re: New Movie Wonder Woman anyone??

Postby brkurt » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:52 pm

badwolf wrote:So does anybody want to do a set of assets to duplicate Wonder Woman from the new movie??

Yes. Actually I already have. These basics can be modified to cover most of the gear the Amazons wore.

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/clothes/spartan_warrior_woman.html
brkurt

Postby punkduck » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:17 pm

badwolf wrote:So does anybody want to do a set of assets to duplicate Wonder Woman from the new movie??

Hmm, I'm a bit tired, because I've allready done 2 cosplay characters. On the other hand I put this wonder woman tattoo on my suicide girl Dani character. So it inspires me a bit, I must agree. Change the hairstyle, and I can use my Evi character.

But did you notice how much the modern Wonderwoman outfit changed in between, the comic-style version, the Linda Carter version from ABC and the modern Gal Gadot?

And one of my biggest problems normally is to get pictures from all views. For the normal cosplay characters you simply use a fashion page for costumes, in most cases you will find all views and also some details.
But in a film the main actress is normally looking directly into the camera and you never see the other side. I just tried to google pictures of wonder woman, but it is not that much I could find about the film, but you get hundreds of "free interpretations" ...

I guess I will start with some clothes for my Asian character before. I read about Native Americans, also a very interresting topic. Even traditional costumes of my own country are an option. But yes, Wonder Woman ... I like the idea.
punkduck

Postby punkduck » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:18 pm

Okay here we go, just a little teaser. In between I found enough material from posters and cosplay pages, so it will be the current version of Wonder Woman.

I started with the work, the crown headwear, I used short hair to make it visible in MakeHuman. No diffuse texture is used yet, just plain geometry.
The complete character will take some time, a lot of small assets which are sometimes rather complicated will follow :roll:

wonderwoman_firststep.jpg
punkduck

Postby punkduck » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:33 pm

Meanwhile the tiara and bracelet are ready.

Today I worked 10 hours to do the geometry of the corsage, these metal stripes are a real horror ... :roll:

Texture and normalmap is still missing ...

wonderwoman_third.jpg
punkduck

Postby punkduck » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:32 pm

The corsage in MakeHuman using the texture, a normalmap for the black lines and some of the metal effects and a litsphere to make all visible:

wonderwoman5.jpg

The 3 assets will be uploaded and the rest of the parts will follow after a short vacation.

Here is a first render: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/download/file.php?id=5205&mode=view
punkduck

Postby punkduck » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:06 am

The construction continues ...

Some words before: I was using the term corsage instead of corset. Corsage derives from ancient French language and means "body".
The term "corsage" is also used in english: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corsage_(bodice)

"corsage" is rarely used in this context and "corset" is more common ... so I changed the name in the assets, but NOT the filenames.

Today I added the vambraces ... or "bracelets of submission". Quite interresting, how these things developped:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Woman%27s_bracelets

http://www.worldofsuperheroes.com/2015/09/who-is-ww-bracelets-of-submission/

To model the vambraces was a big problem. First, I duplicated part of one arm. But, because of the A-pose, I had to put the geometry "upright" to create the metal rings at top and bottom. Without having a proper z-axis, it is impossible to do it :roll:. For legs and body it is more trivial. So after modelling I set the rotations to zero again and made a few changes. The leather strap was modelled directly on hands and arms and was a bit tricky (a "pain in the ass" will be a better description for this kind of work :mrgreen: ).

And do not forget to create extra loops for sharp edges versus subdivision surface algorithm.

A quick snapshot from MakeHuman:

wonderwoman6.jpg

Let's start with the boots :?
punkduck

Postby punkduck » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:30 pm

After 12 hours of work, I created the boots. I've done them slightly different compared to the original (closed at the sides, not so much as a sandal), so that I only delete part of the feet using delete-groups and do not have to model it with a pose. As always not 100% but I think, that even in MakeHuman the character looks good.

wonderwoman7.jpg

Wait for leather-strap + "lasso of truth", sword and shield ... ;)
punkduck

Postby wolgade » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:00 pm

OMG! Looks like a lot of modelling work, but looks good.
wolgade

Postby RobBaer » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:01 pm

Wonderful work!
RobBaer

Next

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader