New Movie Wonder Woman anyone??

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

Re: New Movie Wonder Woman anyone??

Postby punkduck » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:58 pm

wolgade wrote:OMG! Looks like a lot of modelling work, but looks good.

All together I needed at least 60 hours, so far. But I like the character and that is reason enough to do the work ...

Today I added leather strap and "lasso of truth" (Btw.: what will happen, when we used that on a politician? :lol: ). For the lasso I used a spiral in Blender and then started to deform it. The leatherstrap was more or less "painting" by drawing edges, then extruding the edges + solidify operator. And a lot of extra geometry to keep the form of the metal plates ...

I'm happy that you can find figurines in the network where you got information of all the details. And there are also pictures from the exhibition of the film agency.

Here is the latest picture from MakeHuman. I can't wait to do a scene with this character. But without shield and sword she isn't complete ... :?

wonderwoman8.jpg
punkduck

Postby punkduck » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:26 pm

The shield was another challenge. 4 hours of GIMP work, changing a photo to get a texture, deleting highlights etc.

But in MakeHuman a bit of frustration. What I did not know: creating rigid groups does not mean, that a round shield will not deform oval in Makehuman. So if you want it not oval, you have to load it for a character with default proportions :?

Therefore I had to do the following picture with a shield not changed by MakeHuman.

wonderwoman_nearlycompleted.jpg

Last asset: the sword will be done this week ...
punkduck

Postby wolgade » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:42 pm

punkduck wrote:What I did not know: creating rigid groups does not mean, that a round shield will not deform oval in Makehuman.

I experienced this when I did my diamond ring. In real life a ring will be fixed in diameter to fit a speciic person. It won't deform just because of longer fingers. The diamond itself will never deform. If you succeed in deforming a diamond, leave a note.
wolgade

Postby punkduck » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:45 pm

Upload completed ... the last asset, the sword, is available.

A quick Screenshot, this is only MakeHuman & a free background picture, no Blender. Pose is: "tennis forehand volley" ... :mrgreen:

wonderwoman_assets_completed.jpg

Maybe I will redo the hairdo a bit and also upload it. And I will do some pictures with Blender ... but now I need some sleep. This is my most complicated character so far.
punkduck

Postby punkduck » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:20 pm

So for the New Movie the sword and shield was wrong, these parts were from the Batman vs. Superman "Dawn of Justice" film. Of course I watched the film after I finished everything and figured out that I was wrong. So here is, what you need:

ww_collection.jpg

Considering the movie: it could be that I've to do another sword for the next movie ... Gal Gadot aka Wonder Woman should be more careful when she is using ancient weapons to fight against the Greek god of war, Ares. It took me 8 hours to make the sword in Blender and she ruined it in seconds :(

But you definitely need this sword, the term "stab-in-the-back" myth (in German "Dolchstoßlegende") has become a very interesting meaning with this sword and the (existing!) person who was stabbed ....

(to understand this sentence you need to watch the film and you must have knowlegde of German history, especially what the "stabbed general" was doing AFTER the World War 1)
punkduck

Postby wolgade » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:34 pm

punkduck wrote:It took me 8 hours to make the sword in Blender and she ruined it in seconds :(

You should never join the movie industry. Some people spend months on building a set and the special effects guy and his dynamite need less than seconds to blow it up. :lol:
wolgade

Previous

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader