I want to know about Blender Hair

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

I want to know about Blender Hair

Postby tozan35 » Mon May 29, 2017 6:08 pm

Hair made in Blender and the hair shaders seems to have Problems in exporting out with the mesh even after converting it to a mesh.
Unreal Engine dosen't like hair that's in thin strand form and mixamo won't import it either. The hair Unreal Engine likes to import in seems has to be flat planes faces.... In Blender if the stepping is set too high on the hair in both the display and the renderer, it will crash blender when
trying to convert the hair to mesh. I brought the Aston Barr Model, but can't import him in with his hair into Unreal Engine because he hair
was done in Strands, not in Flat Planes.
tozan35

Re: I want to know about Blender Hair

Postby RobBaer » Mon May 29, 2017 8:07 pm

This is not about MakeHuman and belongs, at best, in the off-topic section.
RobBaer

Re: I want to know about Blender Hair

Postby blindsaypatten » Tue May 30, 2017 5:14 am

In Blender convert the particles to mesh, which will be strands, then convert the strands to curves, then add a small bevel and offset and you will get polygons, change the box in that section from half to full if you want a full tube for each hair, then convert back from a curve to a mesh. It will create a lot of polygons if you have a lot of hair, six per particle segment for the full tube, but it works.
blindsaypatten

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader