Looking for clothing (purchase)

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

Looking for clothing (purchase)

Postby legan » Mon May 22, 2017 10:51 pm

Hi!

I'm new here, but I've been using Makehuman to build 3D models to be used in some projects. I would like to make some human models with different types of clothing. Unfortunately, the available assets in Makehuman are not enough to meet my needs. I look for other resources available in http://www.makehumancommunity.org/clothes.html but I would like to have a bit more variety. I would like to know if you know any available source of clothing that I can try, to import into makehuman to dress the model. Moreover, If it happens that you may know any person who could build the clothing to be used in Makehuman upon request at some charge or price, thank you for referring me.

Thanks!
legan

Re: Looking for clothing (purchase)

Postby brkurt » Tue May 23, 2017 2:23 am

legan wrote:Hi!

I'm new here, but I've been using Makehuman to build 3D models to be used in some projects. I would like to make some human models with different types of clothing. Unfortunately, the available assets in Makehuman are not enough to meet my needs. I look for other resources available in http://www.makehumancommunity.org/clothes.html but I would like to have a bit more variety. I would like to know if you know any available source of clothing that I can try, to import into makehuman to dress the model. Moreover, If it happens that you may know any person who could build the clothing to be used in Makehuman upon request at some charge or price, thank you for referring me.

Thanks!

I'd be perfectly willing to help you out. Please send me the description of a single piece of clothing that you need, and the platform that you are aiming at.

I work in Blender primarily.

You might also consider downloading a 30-day free copy of Marvelous Designer to see what it possible with digital clothing.

Several designers sell their clothing at the main site.

Check out: http://www.marvelousdesigner.com
brkurt

Postby CallHarvey3d » Tue May 23, 2017 1:11 pm

send some reference of what you would like. I have a fair amount of unfinished content id clean up for you if it helps
CallHarvey3d

Postby legan » Tue May 23, 2017 1:58 pm

brkurt wrote:

Thanks!

I'd be perfectly willing to help you out. Please send me the description of a single piece of clothing that you need, and the platform that you are aiming at.

You might also consider downloading a 30-day free copy of Marvelous Designer to see what it possible with digital clothing.

Thank you very much for your quick answer and for the source you've referenced me. There is not only a single piece of clothing I look for, but a set of, let's say, about 5-10 types (raincoats, long skirts, bagpacks, etc). My final target is blender. But I am aimed to first dress the model in Makehuman and then load the model in blender. What I need is a model of clothing that I can use in Makehuman. Would that work for you as well?
Thanks in advance!
Last edited by legan on Tue May 23, 2017 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
legan

Postby legan » Tue May 23, 2017 2:02 pm

CallHarvey3d wrote:send some reference of what you would like. I have a fair amount of unfinished content id clean up for you if it helps

Thank you very much for your quick answer. I may prepare a list of clothing + articles that I may need, to see if you could help me on this.
Does the content you have is already plug-and-play in Makehuman? This may be of big importance as my intention is to dress the model + add some accessories in Makehuman and then used the dressed model in, e.g. blender.
Thanks in advance
legan

Postby legan » Tue May 23, 2017 2:21 pm

brkurt wrote:

Thanks!

Thank you very much for your quick answer and for the source you've referenced me. There is not only a single piece of clothing what I look for but a modest set of, let's say, 5-10 types (raincoats, long skirts, bagpacks, etc). My final platform is blender but I aim to use the clothing in Makehuman, i.e. first dress the model in Makehuman with that clothing and then export the already dressed model to be used in blender. Would that work as well for you to make it plug-and-play in Makehuman? If so, I may work on a list of clothing that suits my needs and let you know.
Thanks in advance!
legan

Postby CallHarvey3d » Tue May 23, 2017 6:38 pm

no its not currently plug and play. most of the content i bring into mh is rough on purpose as i intend to finish it after generating my character with, if that makes sense. but i do have a quite alot that could be finished quickly if it matches your needs. if its a couple things that would benefit the community id be happy to share it with the community. if its a large collection i probably dont have everything you are looking for but would be open talking about generating custom content if you message me details
CallHarvey3d

Postby brkurt » Tue May 23, 2017 10:59 pm

legan wrote:
brkurt wrote:

Thanks!

Thank you very much for your quick answer and for the source you've referenced me. There is not only a single piece of clothing what I look for but a modest set of, let's say, 5-10 types (raincoats, long skirts, bagpacks, etc). My final platform is blender but I aim to use the clothing in Makehuman, i.e. first dress the model in Makehuman with that clothing and then export the already dressed model to be used in blender. Would that work as well for you to make it plug-and-play in Makehuman? If so, I may work on a list of clothing that suits my needs and let you know.
Thanks in advance!

What we need to start the project is an agreement about the project's goals. For example, what kind of polygon count do you need? High or low. I've mostly been concerned with how cloth folds (topological issues) and so my models are medium-to-high polygon counts. :geek:

Another issue will be what level of realistic detail your project needs, with respect to UV texture maps. Also, how many kinds of deformation maps will you need to successfully complete your project. Others in this community are much more advanced than I in these areas. :shock:

Finally, are you focussing on static images, or do you intend to animate? There are great number of technical and artistic choices to be made if you want realistic animation. For example, I had to create a customized version of the default 1.1.1 rig to achieve my animation goals.

Hope that helps. :)
brkurt

Postby legan » Wed May 31, 2017 8:08 am

brkurt wrote:
What we need to start the project is an agreement about the project's goals. For example, what kind of polygon count do you need? High or low. I've mostly been concerned with how cloth folds (topological issues) and so my models are medium-to-high polygon counts. :geek:

Another issue will be what level of realistic detail your project needs, with respect to UV texture maps. Also, how many kinds of deformation maps will you need to successfully complete your project. Others in this community are much more advanced than I in these areas. :shock:

Finally, are you focussing on static images, or do you intend to animate? There are great number of technical and artistic choices to be made if you want realistic animation. For example, I had to create a customized version of the default 1.1.1 rig to achieve my animation goals.

Hope that helps. :)

Thanks very much for your answer and remarks. My project goal is to generate depth images of humans. I'm using Makehuman to generate the human models and blender to perform retargeting and I take the animations from the CMU mocap dataset. Since the outputs are depth images, the detail on polygon of clothes need not to be high but enough (whatever that means) so cloth deformation can be noticeable on depth. I would also like to be able to model different types of materials on the clothing so I can simulate the reflection effects of the depth camera. Although I use mocap data to generate human body poses, my goal is to focus on static depth images so I would say that realistic animation won't be necessary.

Here I share with you a brief list of the extra clothing I'm looking for. I would like to be able to use them in Makehuman (as plug and play without further modifications) to dress the model and then generate the depth images in blender. Note that It would also be desirable a few accessories I mention as well.

> Raincoats (long/short)
> Long skirts
> Winter jacket
> Bagpacks
> Motorbike helmets
> Hat
> Cap

Do you think you can help me with this?
Thanks in advance
legan

Postby legan » Wed May 31, 2017 8:18 am

CallHarvey3d wrote:no its not currently plug and play. most of the content i bring into mh is rough on purpose as i intend to finish it after generating my character with, if that makes sense. but i do have a quite alot that could be finished quickly if it matches your needs. if its a couple things that would benefit the community id be happy to share it with the community. if its a large collection i probably dont have everything you are looking for but would be open talking about generating custom content if you message me details

My project goal is to generate depth images of humans.Therefore, clothing detail need not to be high but enough so cloth deformation can be noticeable on depth. I use mocap data to generate human body poses but my goal is to focus on static depth images so I would say that realistic animation of clothing won't be necessary. But I like to have the clothing as plug and play, i.e. I'm not intending to make any further modifications.

Here I share with you a brief list of the extra clothing I'm looking for. There are also some accessories that I would like to have as well. Do you think you can help me?

> Raincoats (long/short)
> Long skirts
> Winter jacket
> Bagpacks
> Motorbike helmets
> Hat
> Cap
legan

Next

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader