help on a tutu

Discussions about user contributed assets. This is a good place to request new assets, as well as requesting support on existing assets that have been downloaded from the user contributions repository.

Moderator: joepal

help on a tutu

Postby badwolf » Tue May 02, 2017 5:57 pm

Im in the process of making a simple tutu (platter style with a bit of a bell curve to it) and im at the stage where i need to setup groups

1 im assuming i need to use rigid groups for the skirt but will 1 group work or do i need to split things into sections??
2 if i do need to split things up how many groups and what verts??
3 and what verts should i grab for the anchors??

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qko0fxfsla7sn ... u.png?dl=0 <---- a pic of what i have (the green bit)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8p5ynogv2hqoo ... blend?dl=0 <---- the actual blend file

im looking to get the skirt to scale down properly and not distort
badwolf

Re: help on a tutu

Postby Mindfront » Tue May 02, 2017 10:21 pm

I did one rigid group on my ballet dress skirt.
Rigid_group_vertex_assignment_Skirt.png
Rigid vertex group skirt

Rigid_group_vertex_assignment_Helper.png
Rigid group helper

Then ordinary vertex groups for the rest. The part above the skirt (except the straps) I had "Mid", "Left", "Right" on the Helper mesh and the part below the skirt I had "Pants_M", "Pants_L", "Pants_R" on the body mesh.
Then I did vertex groups for the straps "Strap_L" and "Strap_R" (also on the body mesh) as close the straps as possible.
Fast screenshot:
Ordinary_group_vertex_assignment.png
Rest of vertex groups
Mindfront

Re: help on a tutu

Postby punkduck » Tue May 02, 2017 10:45 pm

And I did it similar as Mindfront did for my tutu:

First I let makeclothes generate the normal 3 vertex groups left, mid, right.

Then I created a 4th group called *tutu and put this on the "outer rings" of my tutu.
You have to delete the other groups from these vertices of course.
I also selected nearly identical vertices on the human for the *tutu group -- I did it on the human, not on the helper, but this should not make a difference in this region.

In my case tutu and leotard are two clothes ... Mindfront has done it as one piece.
punkduck

Return to Assets, asset repositories and asset downloader